SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:59 AM
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Discussion
Any interest in F3P (indoor precision aerobatics)?

I’m getting back into R/C and thought I would contact Lubbock modelers with similar interest. I was active in Lubbock in the 1980’s – 1990’s. If you flew during those years, you might recognize my pattern airplanes such as the YS 120 powered Typhoon (photo below). While these planes flew rock-solid in West Texas winds, they have become too large and heavy for me to manage nowadays. So, instead, I am converting to 1-meter indoor precision aerobatic planes such as the Relax, a F3P airplane designed by Lantsov Alexey. I scratched built it using carbon rods and Kevlar. My plane has already been framed and I am now in the process of installing the radio, servo, and motor. I will need another month or so to cover/paint. Thereafter, I’m planning to give indoor flying a try. Give me a holler if you fly indoor precision aerobatics. I can use all the help available.
Rocky

Rocky Young is offline Find More Posts by Rocky Young
Last edited by Rocky Young; May 13, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Still looking for F3P-interested fliers

I’m still hoping there is someone in the Lubbock or nearby vicinity who shares my interest in F3P. Currently I’m still getting my planes trimmed. But eventually I anticipate focusing on aerobatics. At that time, I would like someone help “spot,” e.g., watch for possible collisions. Over the past months, I have experienced the turbulence caused by larger (heavier) airplanes, the effect of prop wash (slamming my plane to the floor), and a head-on collision in addition to colliding with various interior building structures. I’m hoping a spotter would help reduce the frequency of such mishaps and, in turn, I would reciprocate by being the spotter when you fly.

To be clear, I am interested in finding anyone who has interest in F3P, not necessarily a person who has expertise in this type of flying. Because indoor flying is relatively new to Lubbock (and most of the country), I anticipate finding few F3P experts in the West Texas region, and even fewer around Lubbock. But I bet there are a couple of you in Lubbock who share the same interest but are too shy to reply. If that is the case, send me a private mail (PM) so that we can get together.

Rocky
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
More airplanes

Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:57 PM
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Sep 2013
851 Posts