Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:17 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,171 Posts
A Present to RC Microflight Subscribers

Hi Folks,

I modified the master articles index pages of the RC Microflight Magazine, which ended at July 2001 - I extended them up to February 05. They are like the original pages and contain links to the web articles, of course only valid subscribers can use these, as password activation is required.

I will try to attach the zip file on the next post (if it works). It is necessary to unzip the html files to any directory desired, and click the index.asp file to start working.

It is easy to use these, like on the magazine web site, but a few points:

1. When the password page comes and is taken care of, the original link is gone, so it is necessary to go back on the web browser to the page with the desired link, and tick the link again. Unless a long time elapses outside the RCMF web, it is possible to go back and forth without password being asked again.

2. To keep within the bounds of the modified files, it is necessary to come back with the back button on the web browser when the original article is read. If one returns to the original master article index, it is not possible to come back. In this case it is necessary to tick the index.asp file again and start over.

If there are any faulty links, it is possible to correct these using a text editor on the html files..

I guess RC Microflight staff should have done this work long ago.. If someone can get them to add these to their web, it will be easier for all, but I think they do not care about the online magazine any more..

If any problems exist, please notify me.. I guess this does not have any legal problems, if so, I will be guilty.. In fact, I guess these files will increase the frequency of browsing for the RCMF web articles, just when they are on the edge of oblivion..

Best regards, and enjoy the index pages..

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Last edited by bmutlugil; Apr 18, 2005 at 09:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:19 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,171 Posts
Did not accept the file size, will divide it into two..
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:23 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,171 Posts
I hope it works this time..

Bulent
Old Apr 19, 2005, 06:14 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,171 Posts
Hi All,

I forgot to mention that for these files to work properly, files with .asp extension have to be associated with Internet Explorer or Netscape, whichever is your internet browser. These are ordinary html files, but the extension had to be asp for the links to work properly.

In Windows 98 entering 'My Computer' and View- Folder options - File types is the way to do this.

Regards,

Bulent