sleepwalker is offline Find More Posts by sleepwalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:28 PM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
fun crusier

Hi im new to the site, i need some help on a 30cc homelite engine
it has low compression carb has problems too but thats no biggie
but i need to get parts i have no model number and that what i need it's a homelite model.

The boat itself is a fun crusier #3650 and the number that i do find on the motor is sh2030 ub24ra this # pulls up nothing which makes it hard to find parts! if anyone can help it would be appreated
mikemoney is offline Find More Posts by mikemoney
Old Apr 16, 2014, 07:54 PM
United States, PA, Clearfield
Joined Jan 2007
409 Posts
First before you sink any money into it is to check the cylinder for scoring or gouging.Next make sure the crank is tight with no looseness.Check to see if there's any seepage around the seals.If everything is ok then start looking for a 30cc piston ring on Ebay or at a dealer.I've bought all mine off Ebay without knowing a model or part number.I also measure the thickness of the ring because I've found out there's two thicknesses that are sold.Ask the seller to measure the ring thickness so you get the right one.Does your's have a single ring or dual rings ?The carb probably needs cleaned and rebuilt.A carb with at least an 11mm venturi is mostly recommender,but I've run a 12.7 mm on a modded engine with success.
Are you certain that it's a 30cc. The 25cc's have a bridge in the exhaust port while the 30cc doesn't unless the 25cc has been modded and someone cut it out.Then you could use a caliper and measure the diameter of the piston. A 25cc is around 1.310"+or - and the 30cc is around 1.433"+ or -. Also I've found a couple cylinders that had marked somewhere on it around the base.Pictures of your engine would be nice.
Here's some 30cc rings. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
sleepwalker is offline Find More Posts by sleepwalker
Last edited by sleepwalker; Apr 16, 2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 07:52 AM
Joined Apr 2008
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemoney View Post
Hi im new to the site, i need some help on a 30cc homelite engine
it has low compression carb has problems too but thats no biggie
but i need to get parts i have no model number and that what i need it's a homelite model.

The boat itself is a fun crusier #3650 and the number that i do find on the motor is sh2030 ub24ra this # pulls up nothing which makes it hard to find parts! if anyone can help it would be appreated
You need a serial number to order the correct rings. Only one size ring swill fit 30 cc engines. All 30cc engines require 2 rings and a new cylinder gasket. If your engine doesn't have 2 rings then its a newer Ryobi style . A picture would help. I only know the older style Homelite engines with the Square style recoil housing.The older Homelite engines are bullet proof, cheap to fix or replace.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer