Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:03 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Discussion
Backorder Question

I tried asking on their live chat but I swear it was a robot I was talking to. Was giving me answers that had nothing to do with my question.

Anways...

If I order a bunch of stuff and some are on backorder, will they ship out the backorder items when it comes in stock separately?

Or will my entire order be on hold until everything is in stock and it gets shipped out all at once?

Simple question really but they couldn't give me a straight answer. They just told me they get new stock every 2 weeks.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:31 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,815 Posts
Quote:
Or will my entire order be on hold until everything is in stock and it gets shipped out all at once?
Right answer, that's the way it works.

It's best to not order back ordered an item unless it's a very high demand item like the new transmitter where unless you backorder you probably won't get it.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:14 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
I'm really considering getting the Fatshark Attitude SD. It's showing -20 on backorder, seems to be a hot commodity like the 9XR's.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:25 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,815 Posts
You can either backorder it or have them send you an email when they arrive. See just above reviews for the email option. FYI they "take" your money when the order is placed, not when it's shipped. If the order is cancelled prior to shipment, the money will be turned into credits which can be used for hardware but not shipping on future purchases.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
755 Posts
I found out how to back order by accident. I have been trying to get a soldering station for awhile now. I went to the item and went to by one even tho it was marked BK. Pop-up said items could not be back ordered. Well, I stayed on the page and a special offer came up saying that I could get a special price if I ordered it now. So I followed the links and ordered and paid for the soldering station. Seems kind of tricky to me. So now, all I have to do is wait til they come in and maybe I will get one. I can`t stand it when you are told one thing and then something else happens that they say can`t.
skylane42 is online now Find More Posts by skylane42
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:25 PM
United States, OR, Tigard
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
You can either backorder it or have them send you an email when they arrive. See just above reviews for the email option. FYI they "take" your money when the order is placed, not when it's shipped. If the order is cancelled prior to shipment, the money will be turned into credits which can be used for hardware but not shipping on future purchases.
I don't think this is true. They credited my paypal account last time I cancelled a back ordered order.
jhiggy is offline Find More Posts by jhiggy
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:05 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggy View Post
I don't think this is true. They credited my paypal account last time I cancelled a back ordered order.
You can request that the refund be backcharged to your PayPal/credit account but as of 6 months ago, their policy was that unless requested by the customer, the refund would be converted into store credits.

Did you request a refund to your paypal account?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
You can request that the refund be backcharged to your PayPal/credit account but as of 6 months ago, their policy was that unless requested by the customer, the refund would be converted into store credits.

Did you request a refund to your paypal account?
Yeah I must have. Good to know!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:10 AM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Ugh. 9 days since I started this thread and it's still on backorder. Good thing I haven't ordered yet. The only thing stopping me on doing a backorder is the whole PayPal dispute period. And I really hope HK brings in enough to meet demand, nothing stupid like 25.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:46 PM
Joined Dec 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Ugh. 9 days since I started this thread and it's still on backorder. Good thing I haven't ordered yet. The only thing stopping me on doing a backorder is the whole PayPal dispute period. And I really hope HK brings in enough to meet demand, nothing stupid like 25.
From what I have seen over the last 6 months of ordering from them, is things go on back order often, and sometimes it can be months before the items shows up. I waited almost 3 months for a usb cable for my transmitter. The day i decided to make my own the back order was lifted.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:07 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,699 Posts
Yeah but you said they told you it would be two weeks before the item you wanted was back in stock,it's only been 9 days so don't they have another 5 days then.

You might get the odd item which takes longer than a couple of weeks to come back in to stock but from what i have read this isn't down to HK but the suppliers/factory they get said item from,all in all HK's back orders normally get restocked quite often,if you don't want to buy it and wait for it just put it in your wish list or better still put your email in the little box under the product and then HK will email you when it comes back into stock.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Look, I'm very impatient. I want it yesterday.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:36 PM
United States, WA, Mercer Island
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
I usually set up an email alert. Order the item as soon as you receive the email that it is in stock. If it is a hot item, the USA Warehouse sells out in just a few hours. This is the best way to avoid the back order problem and the store credit problem. Patience.... :-)
LosLocos is offline Find More Posts by LosLocos
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:27 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:16 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts