Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2003, 01:07 AM
Registered Boozer
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Two thumbs up for the E-Starter!!!

Well 2 days and 5 battery packs under my belt and I gotta say, this plane is wayyyy cool!!!

Just had to let that out.

-Dujara-
Ralph_D is offline Find More Posts by Ralph_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2003, 03:10 AM
Nimble with Gimbals
San Diego, CA
Joined Apr 2003
2,365 Posts
Amen to that! I'm building my second one as an SUP (Sport Utility Plane) that will carry a camera and fly off water. A terrific all around ship for sure.
Awakened is offline Find More Posts by Awakened
Old Nov 26, 2003, 09:41 AM
Sacramento,Ca
Joined Jul 2003
66 Posts
I got mine finished yesterday took it out to taxi around a bit knowing that i wouldn`t actaully fly it ... Rog about 3 feet up and brought it down it seems real stable. Im moving up from a firebird so still getting used to controls. This plane is really sweeet though.
BrokinBalsa is offline Find More Posts by BrokinBalsa
Old Nov 26, 2003, 09:58 AM
Does anyone hear a cat?
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2003
4,380 Posts
i love my e-starter, i think it's my favorite plane thus far
here's my baby:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=171171
headless is offline Find More Posts by headless
Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:40 PM
Electric Jet Driver
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Oct 2003
744 Posts
I love mine too guys! Its painted like a cow and has taken the abuse of me learning to fly the hard way (trial and error) with it. To its credit its flying amazingly well carrying the two JR standard size servos and standard 6ch rx I'm using on it. I've broken the wing on each side of the fuselage and the tail has been ripped completely off! Though I've advanced to other aircraft its still one of my favorites. And its also my old standby!!
Trbdsl96 is offline Find More Posts by Trbdsl96
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:11 PM
CA
Joined Aug 2003
377 Posts
E-starter is my aileron trainer, I love this plane and I can fly it when it's too windy for the SS. Lini
lini is offline Find More Posts by lini
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
Gravity brings me down
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,232 Posts
Lini - when the wind picks up and everything else is grounded, that's when the SS should be flying. The hardest thing about flying in the wind is landing, and in that regard the SS is nearly indestructable.
Earthbound is offline Find More Posts by Earthbound
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:37 PM
CA
Joined Aug 2003
377 Posts
Last weekend I was flying at RSA, it was about 8-10 mile wind. I was able to fly the E-starter using the stock 300 motor and 2S1P Lipo. There's a stock SS flying using 8cell Hecell at the same time, the wind blew the SS 100 feet away and was not able to fly it back. Lini
lini is offline Find More Posts by lini
Old Nov 29, 2003, 12:18 AM
Gravity brings me down
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,232 Posts
Lifting the TE of the SS wing about 1/4" will radically improve its flying characteristics. One of the benefits is better penetration into a headwind. But I digress. This is about kudos to the e*.
Earthbound is offline Find More Posts by Earthbound
Old Nov 29, 2003, 12:47 AM
Zoom, zoom...
Roseville, CA (Sacramento area)
Joined May 2003
3,514 Posts
Want to really make your E shine? Replace the foam ailerons with balsa equivalents. Talk about roll authority and precision.
Trikster is offline Find More Posts by Trikster
Old Nov 29, 2003, 08:52 AM
Low+Inverted=#$%@
Louisiana
Joined Nov 2003
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Trikster
Want to really make your E shine? Replace the foam ailerons with balsa equivalents. Talk about roll authority and precision.
I'm rebuilding next week and am going to do this. Any tips - tricks suggestions. I have some thick balsa sheet (I don't remember how thick but it is slightly thinner than the foam aileron). I'm also thinking about oversizing them slightly.
toddhudgel is offline Find More Posts by toddhudgel