HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Rocky Mountain High and Higher
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Duh, I have a thread with a pic already, "Herr Cloud Ranger complete" her at 1/2A Planes. The pic shows the servos and linkage.
BTW for the aileron servo wires, I drilled holes in the ribs big enough for the connectors, I then rolled some light paper into a tube and inserted through the holes from the wing root to the servo bay, I then glued tube in place and fuel proofed it. The reason I did this was the make future servo replacement easier and to reinforce the ribs where I made the holes.
PROACE is offline Find More Posts by PROACE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Here is the setup. Note that I don't use screws, I use clear RTV to hold and seal the servo due to the diesel fuel. The servos are metal gear HK 9 gram servo.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Also, I forgot that the control horns are Dubro 1/2A size. Normally on a model like this I usually cut a slot in the control surface and expoxy 1/16 or 1/8 inch ply for the control horn. But I built this Herr Cloud Ranger so I could enjoy the PAW diesel. So I didn't invest great detail into wait saving or looks. Normally I like my models a little on the heavy side for better wind penatration.

Bushcub, I think you may find yourself fighting your Cub with zero dihedral unless you flying fast.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:30 PM
1/2as actually fit in my car
United States, PA, West Grove
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROACE View Post
Bushcub, I think you may find yourself fighting your Cub with zero dihedral unless you flying fast.
i have two wings just in case. if shes a fighter ill just fly her 3 channel.
bushcub is offline Find More Posts by bushcub
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
:d
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
i still have yet to take pictures. right now its got an o.s. pet .099 hanging off the front. still need to cover and finish the tail but thats it really. fishing stuff has been taking up all my time lately. getting into going after catfish so i been spending on rods reels and line. also getting new trout gear together. everything new. just let my ex have 90% of the fishing stuff. ok enough about fish. ill get pics as soon as i get the fishing stuff out of the way.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:16 AM
Tn
Joined Jan 2011
311 Posts
I thought using a rod & reel to catch catfish was old school. I thought you only needed tennis shoes, shorts, and one hand. Use the other hand to hold beer out of water!

Just had to!

Pat
Toysareforkids is offline Find More Posts by Toysareforkids
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
ahh i like to stay dry lol. well ill be back to building soon enough. just got a new tackle bag at dicks sporting goods (last years on sale from 29.99 to 9.99 cant beat that) so soon ill have all my fishing stuff done once my new catfish pole get delivered.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
I built a straight wing with ailerons now while mine was electric. I had a 480 size motor which is about the size of an OS 10.
This is a great plane and while the ailerons are great for aerobatics the regular wing is great for sunday flying
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
well got a little ahead of myself and made the mistake of covering before taking pics. i say mistake cus i suck at covering lol. this is only the third time covering. shes turning out pretty good all i have left is to finish the rudder and elevator then i have to build the ailerons still. i just havent gotten the chance to go to the hobby shop to get the wood. hopefully she flies good i want her to be sporty but not too hard to fly.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Looks good so far. Is that aluminun LG ?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
yeah. pulled them right off my last cubi like them cus they sit higher then the wire gear it comes with and it adds just enough weight to help balance out the .099 if its too heavy though i have a modern os .10 and an enya 15 laying around that'll get it ripping lol. but the .099 should be enough.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
almost forgot but the end of the day i should have it flyable on my 3ch set up. so i might be able to take it up before my other wing is done
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
69 Posts
leave it to my to throw out my ca hinges by mistake looks like my hopes off some weekend flying are out the window
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Too bad but will give you time to rethink anything you might have forgoten during the build.