HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
17 Posts
Discussion
Problem with KK multi Black

Since I put the KK Blackboard on the quad it's been horrible.

I started with V4.7 in X config
Tonight I've re-configured and loaded V2

The same problem exists in both versions.

From power on, gentle acceleration produces a stable hover, all gyros working correctly and very stable.

Any increase in throttle and it veers off left. The more throttle the more violent it veers off.

Now this is the bit I really don't understand...

After its had a jump left the stick centres are way off - I have to hold in 80% right stick with 40% back stick and a load of rudder to get back into a hover.

It stays like that until power off - power back up and really stable again sticks at centre.

The problem is consistent and happens every time any amount of power is applied.

Suggestions would be welcome - I've been fighting this for a few weeks.

I've been through the TX and checked the output monitor for mixing etc.
MSlater is offline Find More Posts by MSlater
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:19 PM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Jun 2011
440 Posts
Sounds like posible loss of left motor power. Try swap out of left and right motor's and esc's, see if this changes direction of (jump left) if it does then narrow it down by only changing one item at a time. Good luck and keep smilin.
OLDTOM is offline Find More Posts by OLDTOM
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:29 AM
Joined Apr 2011
17 Posts
Shouldn't the gyro compensate for this ?

I suspect a faulty gyro - just can't work out why it only shows after a climb
MSlater is offline Find More Posts by MSlater
Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:03 AM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Jun 2011
440 Posts
I have not a gyro fail like that myself. but have had both motor and esc lose power after I give it a short burst, with motor it is usualy a damaged winding and with esc, I have not been able to repair but I understand that it can be a fet.

This might not be your problem, but cost nothing but a little time to check.

keep smillin
OLDTOM is offline Find More Posts by OLDTOM
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlater View Post
Shouldn't the gyro compensate for this ?

I suspect a faulty gyro - just can't work out why it only shows after a climb
Stop assuming so much and start trouble shooting. All you have to do is to swap the hardware (motors and ESCs) from left to right and do another test. Very simple and will answer a lot of your question.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave