Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Have mine nearing completion, want to add nav lights to it. Any recommendation on what set of lights to get?

Matt
Oryon is online now Find More Posts by Oryon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
Right, Thanks. Does anyone know how she acts with full flaps? Does she pitch up or down?
From a different thread... they are more or less, neutral.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
From a different thread... they are more or less, neutral.
Very good Thanks very much. I won't worry so much on maiden then
DaveBC is offline Find More Posts by DaveBC
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryon View Post
Have mine nearing completion, want to add nav lights to it. Any recommendation on what set of lights to get?

Matt
I used RC Landers set, with out the AB ring. They have them http://skyartec-usa.com/index.php?cP...go5th5kcvu7iu3
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Well, I have completed my build...

I have done it. And I'm going to post a build log. Its in 1080P if you have some hog bandwith or less if you don't. It's 45 minutes long and uses the mods I have learned on this thread. I had no one to help with the filming so I showed completed sequences and still the video is 45 minutes long.(note to self: when self narrating video try to refrain from opening each sequence with "well") I hope you enjoy my adventure. I'll get the maiden on video too
CMP Pro T-45 Build Video.wmv (45 min 18 sec)
Last edited by DaveBC; Jan 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Linkie not working
Kaw1000 is online now Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:32 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
Linkie not working
Fixed
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:40 AM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Awesome Dave. Where do you fly in visalia? My dad is a member of the club out in Exeter but I don't think there runway is long enough for jets without brakes.
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
Awesome Dave. Where do you fly in visalia? My dad is a member of the club out in Exeter but I don't think there runway is long enough for jets without brakes.
Tulare Condors. We have the entire north parking lot of the Calif Farm Show parking lot. I'm guessing 300 feet wide by 2500 feet long paved.. Great for EDFs and any planes with small wheels.

The Exteter club just got a new coat of black top and paint. Looks very nice. But, its a bit shor for EDF's as you mentioned.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
325 Posts
Very nice video, but looks like front door cover installed backward.
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:09 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv View Post
Very nice video, but looks like front door cover installed backward.
You must have missed the part in the video. Showing how the fiberglass was factory painted backwards. And fit precisely when flipped "backwards" ...
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2007
325 Posts
Oh, haha, must missed that part. I would like to share my exp with you before you go maiden. I crashed mine at the 12th flight due to too much aileron reflex on the final landing turn, down wind leg.....Tip stalled and death spiral dive. I was experimenting with flap+aileron relex on the last two flights, and here's my conclusion: I'd suggest you don't use flap+aileron reflex during ur first flight, or keep your speed up if you decide to use it, or use it only when you going straight don't use it on the bank turn. I don't have VG on mine, but mine is probably lighter than yours (6s and wemo setup at 7lb). I hope my crash exp can aid ur successful maiden. Looking forward to watch your maiden! Good luck.

btw, I think wind fences should be installed in the middle of the wing where flap meets aileron, it works as a lifter divider. The lifting force from wing root to tip is like this: High ----> low, if you have fence in the middle, then it's like: High-->low|high-->low
Last edited by nerv; Jan 24, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerv View Post
Oh, haha, must missed that part. I would like to share my exp with you before you go maiden. I crashed mine at the 12th flight due to too much aileron reflex on the final landing turn, down wind leg.....Tip stalled and death spiral dive. I was experimenting with flap+aileron relex on the last two flights, and here's my conclusion: I'd suggest you don't use flap+aileron reflex during ur first flight, or keep your speed up if you decide to use it, or use it only when you going straight don't use it on the bank turn. I don't have VG on mine, but mine is probably lighter than yours (6s and wemo setup at 7lb). I hope my crash exp can aid ur successful maiden. Looking forward to watch your maiden! Good luck.
How much reflex did you have in it ?

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
325 Posts
The first time, I have about 1mm, and with half flap, which seems to fly just fine, didn't notice much difference when flying only with half flap. (I'm flying circles with flap and aileron reflex deployed all time just to test) Second time, increase reflex to 2-3mm, with half flap, This time, notice the nose rised up a little while flying straight, which is cool. In the up wind bank turn, plane becomes unstable, but once it goes straight, it resume normal (I have 3/4 throttle), on the final landing turn, I reduced the throttle to 1/2, the speed seems OK to me, probably because it's down wind, tip stall happened on the lower wing during the bank, plane went into death spiral...not able to recovery. I had 10 successful flight without aileron reflex and 1 successful flight with minimal reflex, and I was landing at the same way on the 12th flight as I landed in the previous 11, so I'm pretty convinced that too much aileron reflex caused the plane to slow down too much, and very likey caused the tip stall on the lower wing during bank turn.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,085 Posts
Thx nerv.

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin