Aug 27, 2012, 12:35 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Waldo - Awsome! Makes my fiasco look tame. Good luck on the no smoking and weight loss. I quit smoking 30 years ago. I am not as successful with weight loss.

Snowman - good luck with that.

Sunday, I only flew electrics - I did two buddy box flights on an Electrostik - I really like that plane. I flew my Zijji and homemade delta wing. I also flew about 4 batteries on the Pizza box and one on the FlipFlop. We had some scattered showers so we were ducking the rain. There were a lot of glow/gas planes flying though. I am glad our club is only about 10% electric planes. I like watching/flying the bigger planes. Mine are all in maintenance right now. One member was flying a Bingo with a BGX-1 on it. That was fun to watch. There were a couple of Spitfires, a stick plane, a PT-40, a 50cc SU-26, U-Can-Do 40, Chipmunk, and a Pawnee 40. There were a couple more but I don't remember what they were.

None of us are hot dogging 3D pilots but we have fun anyway.
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quit smoking cold turkey 16 years ago when Courtney was born <aint been right senBerryse> but that weight thing is a struggle.
Aug 27, 2012, 01:17 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Well thanks for the "slim" compliment snowman but I'm actually about 25 lbs more than I should be, Besides I'd really like to go on a walk of shame and not feel like I just ran a 10K or something lol

I commend you guys for quitting the smog and not going back I've made countless attempts in my life But I think I'm finally ready to let them go, I never really 'Wanted" to quit in the past just thought I should, But now I'm tired of feeling tired all the time and being a smoker and overweight I'm sure is no help in feeling as spry as I should lol

well the Vid is loading fro the glider tow, I made this very nice Tow dolly with 4 wheels to help the glider get down the runway in case the grass was too high for my mini glider wheel, we had about 25 - 30 feet of line and the runway is only about 225 feet long and the first part of the runway is on an up slope so we started at the top of the upslope so we didn't have to try and climb on the runway while towing.

so in short the tow plane only had about 100 feet to take off and get over the corn yes we live on the edge it was probably less than that I'll get those measurements later but the take off was awesome except the fact the tow dolly got stuck on the release box I made and took off with the Glider LOL it was awesome but no corn walks of shame all day on anything very rare for our crew lol but today after work I will be going to see if I can find my tow dolly seeing it dropped off in flight over the cornfield so I'll be getting in my walk of shame today

Brought the T40 also and the Wonder well the Wonder's back right fin AGAIN vibrated off while I was trying to start it DOH!!!! the first time I zapped it on and it worked great the 2nd week I brought it both fins fell right off while trying to start it so I went home and epoxied them on and now this week just the right side fell right off its only a 1/8 piece of balsa glued to a 1/8 piece of balsa but for somew reason she just won't bond up so I had to ground the wonder again anywho I'll be mounting some Triangular stock against the fin this time and she won't be falling off until I smash it into the ground
Aug 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
hey What do you know here it is
The Great Glider tow Aug 25 2012 (10 min 16 sec)
Aug 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
well I used the ruler on Google earth and it looks like the kadet had about 130 feet to take off but I don't think it used more than 40 feet of it some nice power on that thing
Aug 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Did you use the ruler to determine the search area for the dolly??!! Lol.
Great vid Waldo! You guys have a lot of fun out there and I always enjoy seeing what y'all come up with next!!!
Aug 27, 2012, 02:03 PM
3d NOOBular
Looks like a blast Waldo... doesn't look to me like you really need that dolly anyway
Aug 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Waldo, why didn't you just release in the first go around and land her on the dolly? Of course who knows if she would even fly with the dolly on? Would it?
Aug 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Push
Aug 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
Great video waldo.
Waldo it takes 3 to 4 months to break or change a habit. When I quit smoking in 08 I had tried numerous times before. I got the equate nicotine gum. Snowy also told me at the time to really reward myself once I quit. Now the very 1st thing I noticed is I had more money.
I had lots of urges and of course when my wife failed I soon realized that I was just going to have to learn to live with smokers. I also knew that it only takes one drag and I'm back to smoking. Even today I still get the urge but I know it only takes one drag and I'm back to being a slave again to that ciggy.
Now weight is another thing. since getting sick I've put on 40 lbs. And that vacation to snowy's I put on another 10.
O wicked wicked snowy and his damn prime rib.
Now I just gotta play nancy and just say no.
Aug 27, 2012, 03:52 PM
Alan you gotta repost that
Aug 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Great video waldo.

Now I just gotta play nancy and just say no.
Kerwin......she's the mother of our seven children.......do you think she's good at saying no? She's like your momma and airplanes.....she just can't say no!!!

Don't laugh at my paint job.......I got to keep it light on this leccy....... only half done with the fuse!!!
Aug 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Awesome paint snowman!! Wow!

Repost what Kerwin? I was trying to show Nate how to haul big planes to the field, but this damn iPhone makes it tough!!
Aug 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Thanks for the Vid Waldo. I am towing from the top instead of the bottom. I think I got that from the aerotow site. We launched on the ground. The plane has no wheels. I am also towing from the nose of the plane. Pretty sure that is how the aerotow stuff has it. The Cularis replaces the motor for the release.

I have not worked on my releases. I have some servos to test though.

New Dubro 6" inflatable wheels for the Kadet came today. It is going to look a lot more like a STOL plane. I have to see if I have a pump I can use. I have a Saito 100 on the way. I can't do anymore work on the new firewall until it comes in.

I am also trying to get the LT-40 and Alpha done. Working slow this week.
Aug 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
Boy Wayne you got alot on your plate. Have you checked out the solar D772's servos?

Quick Reply