HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Nice! I took my radio to the LHS today and the first NANO I took out of the box, the pitch was so far off it wasn't funny. He would not let me adjust the pitch so I went to the second box and that was the charm. I hovered it around the store as it is small and crowded. Was pleased with it and the rest is history. I need to get about six more batteries. I have nine now but need more. Any idea where I can get a good price on some?

Bob
I also took my DX6i to the LHS and test flew the nano before purchase.

I haven't searched for alternate batteries for my nano. The stock Eflite batts work well and at $3.95 each I'm satisfied at this point.

Jim
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post

I haven't searched for alternate batteries for my nano. The stock Eflite batts work well and at $3.95 each I'm satisfied at this point.

Jim
I don't know about this bird, but I know on my msrx I burned out the motor after flying it consecutively through batteries without letting the motor cool. Keep that in mind as you fly this one, again unless this motor is much better than the msrx...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Dec 2003
988 Posts
Got mine today, copied my mcpx programming (dx8) into a new memory location, renamed it and then did the bind. All instead of reading the instructions.....worked perfectly though. My nano has no vibe problems and was more sensitive than my mcpx. I like this one a LOT.

Jealous mcpx decided to smoke a servo, guess its upset about its little brother
kenelder is offline Find More Posts by kenelder
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:

Jim
I didn't know the batteries were that cheap. I just tried out my MCX landing gear and it looks like it will work in a pinch. The battery sits directly under the main gear instead of forward. I don't think it is tail heavy enough to affect the flying. I am going to test it tomorrow morning.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
the msr landing gear is the same..

Been testing hard since i got it last night and but only with 3 of the stock batteries (have about 10 others in reserve):
36 flights in the last 24 on this little heli. Using 3 stock batteries charging at 3c and running all 3 back to back for 3:30 each on the motor. Two batteries feel noticeably weaker one still feels like new. Motor feels like new.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
What flight times are you all getting?
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
the msr landing gear is the same..

Been testing hard since i got it last night and but only with 3 of the stock batteries (have about 10 others in reserve):
36 flights in the last 24 on this little heli. Using 3 stock batteries charging at 3c and running all 3 back to back for 3:30 each on the motor. Two batteries feel noticeably weaker one still feels like new. Motor feels like new.
Damn I work at home and still haven't managed to get that many flights in.
But I'm already getting way better at my rolls , tictics , etc than any other heli.
Love this thing.

Btw, I hit my big toe and it hurt like hell!!
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,448 Posts
Picked up my nano today, it's a pretty slick little bird. Seems like it had plenty of power and good control too. I had to use low rates at first. Crashed into the wall a couple times with no damage so that's good too
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I have been working all day..actually I am still at work., just getting ready to head home

Yeah the toe I would think might sting...I have hit myself again today in my hand and in my chest. Hand stung for a second...but i just laughed. The things i do with this little thing. I wonder is everybody as careless as me with the nano?

I actually enjoy hammering it into the ground as it gives me great satisfaction to know 99% of the time i will pick it up and fly again ..no maintenance needed. The other 1% if something does break i either will mod it, make a new part or it is such a cheap part it only makes me smile thinking of how much a crash on my larger heli's costs

Jas on rates when you go 100% try 45 expo i find it is quite twitchy on full rates so 45% is really like 15% on a normal heli
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Close to 100 flights since last Friday. Mine was vibrating pretty badly, so I pulled the blades and checked the feathering shaft. It was bent, no surprise. The hard crashes eventually take their toll. I thought I would trial to straighten it out and the threads snapped off, so I am grounded until HH starts supplying parts. Reminds me of the mCPX when it first came out.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
That's why I'm trying not to crash hard. Grounded will suck.
Are the skids the only part that's the same as the msr? I have a bunch of old msr v1 parts.
And a bunch of mcpx parts.
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
I don't know about this bird, but I know on my msrx I burned out the motor after flying it consecutively through batteries without letting the motor cool. Keep that in mind as you fly this one, again unless this motor is much better than the msrx...

Tom
Not a concern the motors are cheap.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I didn't know the batteries were that cheap. I just tried out my MCX landing gear and it looks like it will work in a pinch. The battery sits directly under the main gear instead of forward. I don't think it is tail heavy enough to affect the flying. I am going to test it tomorrow morning.

Bob
I understand the Msrx landing gear is the same as nano.

Jim
Last edited by J_skaggs; Sep 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
What flight times are you all getting?
I use three minutes on all my heli's.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
I understand the Msrx landing gear is the same as nano.

Jim
It is. Look up the product description on Horizon's site and it even says it's for the mSR, mSR X and nCP X.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)