SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
That sucks. Details?
The firmware causes my quad to lose all movement control except throttle after i yaw... but it only happens SOMETIMES. So i was up kinda high and flying around... and all of a sudden i had no control. ended up crash landing, thankfully my landing skids took most of the impact.
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:16 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Hunter V-Tail at night I'm going to need a lot of practice with this
Maiden Voyage Of My Hunter V-Tail (3 min 20 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:22 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap View Post
The firmware causes my quad to lose all movement control except throttle after i yaw... but it only happens SOMETIMES. So i was up kinda high and flying around... and all of a sudden i had no control. ended up crash landing, thankfully my landing skids took most of the impact.
ic, while in AL?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:40 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi Lazy Zero,maybe you could put Steveis downloads on your site,as the repair one may well help many people repair broken KK2's,your's,Marty.
I didn't add it till now because I don't see much response to this firmware. I will take the one with ACC removed in the repository.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
HNTR Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
http://youtu.be/P1x33DG7oX0
That looks very cool ! Where did you get your LED's ...need some for mine.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
794 Posts
many thanks lazy zero,you do a lot of god work for this forum,Marty.
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:20 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
That looks very cool ! Where did you get your LED's ...need some for mine.
You can get them from hobbykings us store
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:41 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Crashed your KK2?

Can't calibrate due to bust accelerometers?

Then you need my latest version of code which removes all accelerometer (self level) functionality.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22922305

It's been tested with video evidence

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=4

This won't fix any problems with the gyros (you really do need those) but hopefully will breathe further life into some KK2 boards.
Wow, I'm quite excited about this really usefull "mod" to the KK2 fw! Thanks Steveiis
It'll be another 3 week from HK for my USB asp (my eBay one is MIA). I can't wait so I can try and revive my tree damaged KK2 board for a Crab25 frame I recently bought.

I got an X250 for my 1st "big" Quad recently and sadly it got damaged by a shady tree, unfortunately the KK2 board suffered some damage from that untrustworthy tree too! and will not calibrate the Z axis ACC. anymore and is also missing 2 buttons.

After a long wait I finally received and installed my replacement KK2 board, with most settings transfered I took it outside.... and on lift-off, it violently spun, flipped and crashed! I was like ... WHOA WHOA!! I found that I forgot to reload the Xmode configuration... *sigh*

Having it flying relatively well, a couple of days later I decided to steel myself and try doing my first flips and rolls with my X250, and I have to say that I'm really loving this KK2 board! For a newb like me to attempt to fly her around the park while performing some aerobatics for the 1st times, for 2 LiPos, all without plowing dirt... is friggn awesome!

X250 1st flips@the park 01 (5 min 23 sec)

X250 1st flips@the park 02 (6 min 37 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:12 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,809 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/P1x33DG7oX0
Hey tech69x, very cool you got your beautiful Hunter V-Tail built now and flying quite nicely from the looks of it! (finally just caught-up this thread from being away a month )
How do you like her so far? I think I'll really enjoy it's different flying stlye.. like RC911's V-Tail.

I will be buying the Hunter Mini V-Tail frame because I need the back-pack transportability that size should provide.
It's nice that you have yours up and running nicely already, so I can ask for help if I get stuck with my build.
Jose is re-designing the Mini arms for larger motors, and a FCB cage for it... I hope it's ready soon... 'cuz the weather is getting mighty brisk up here in Canada already!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
249 Posts
This KK2 board was my key to acro flying. Rate mode is amazing. And I find it pretty "forgiving" regarding vibrations. This small quad has been beaten hard. Shafts bent, arms crushed etc. Still the KK2 stabilise it very well. Video absolutely best in HD full screen. It's a small quad and a wide angle on that GoPro:

KK2 Acro FLights (4 min 57 sec)

GLB Carbon Frame strengthened with wood.
1510 - 2200 KV motors
6A SimonK ESCs
TGY Nano 0.95 3S Batteries
Cheap 5 inch slowflyers from HK
KK2 with 1.0 firmware, rate mode
eirikso is offline Find More Posts by eirikso
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:53 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
they charge up to 12.6v but last about 30 sec of flight time. They never got low enough not to want to charge but simply have no punch left. 2 are just over a year and 1 is 8 months old, the other 6 months. If they have 20 charges on them each, I'd be surprised.
H
What make are they?, I had one unused for a bit and its voltage sagged quickly under load.
I cycled it a few times, charged and then slow low level discharge to storage voltage (3.75 to 3.8 per cell) and it bought it back to original state.

If left fully charged for long periods I have read Lipo's tend to do this.

I always leave discharged at 3.75 to 3.8 per cell now and discharge full batts to same if not going to use for a while.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:11 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikso View Post
This KK2 board was my key to acro flying. Rate mode is amazing. And I find it pretty "forgiving" regarding vibrations. This small quad has been beaten hard. Shafts bent, arms crushed etc. Still the KK2 stabilise it very well. Video absolutely best in HD full screen. It's a small quad and a wide angle on that GoPro:

GLB Carbon Frame strengthened with wood.
1510 - 2200 KV motors
6A SimonK ESCs
TGY Nano 0.95 3S Batteries
Cheap 5 inch slowflyers from HK
KK2 with 1.0 firmware, rate mode
Do you have some pics of this quad, it sure moves around the sky! I'm especially interested in which specific motors you used.

Thanks.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:52 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
they charge up to 12.6v but last about 30 sec of flight time. They never got low enough not to want to charge but simply have no punch left. 2 are just over a year and 1 is 8 months old, the other 6 months. If they have 20 charges on them each, I'd be surprised.
H
Sounds like you have a bad lipo. I have a few myself that I have to discard that are well over a year old.

Just got two Sky LIPO 3s 3300mah 30c hardcase ones from HobbyPartz.com. Very nice case and leads. Both of them arrived at around 11.x volts and at least one cell was out of balance when I charged them. Only time will tell how good they really are.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
What make are they?, I had one unused for a bit and its voltage sagged quickly under load.
I cycled it a few times, charged and then slow low level discharge to storage voltage (3.75 to 3.8 per cell) and it bought it back to original state.

If left fully charged for long periods I have read Lipo's tend to do this.

I always leave discharged at 3.75 to 3.8 per cell now and discharge full batts to same if not going to use for a while.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Looks great so far!