HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 06:43 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Oh...and I own no guns, prevents the temptation for one of us to shoot the other one,

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:11 PM
Ariel WA
Joined Apr 2005
348 Posts
There I could have a problem. Because my wife and I live 23 miles out of town there is a loaded 32 caliber winchester, laying next to my computer desk.

Dave
Phoneman2005 is offline Find More Posts by Phoneman2005
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:25 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
That is a darn good reason to have a gun handy. Believe me, I am not anti-gun, I just don't own any. I believe in the right to bear arms....and the right to arm bears...(if they want them)....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:45 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,371 Posts
Still Alive and Kickin'

Getting closer to putting the shop together. One little bump in the road however. Had a hernia repair yesterday, so no lifting for a few weeks. Too much lifting during our move. Serves me right.

I keep standing on my dock and thinking about all the fun times I'll have there. Before I put a boat in the water I'll need a rescue boat, a dingy if things go south. A nearby cousin has a canoe for me. That would do. I still remember the "J" stroke to keep the thing going straight. Maybe I should invest in a small trolling motor...

Mike in Shelton
hookpilot is offline Find More Posts by hookpilot
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:06 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,417 Posts
Or build a quick springer tug while you are on "light duty".

Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:19 AM
This is a fine fiddly business
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined May 2009
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki View Post
Or build a quick springer tug while you are on "light duty".

Umi,

It is a well kept secret...he has one. I have seen it in the background of the Preston build pictures.

Mike, get well quickly.

Robert
Robert R is offline Find More Posts by Robert R
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:24 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about the injury, but at least you got it repaired!! I wish for you a speedy recovery my friend!!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2014, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,371 Posts
Springer lurking in Background Shots

Yes, I have a very detailed springer river boat, built to 1:32 scale too. I'll be using it as a rescue vessel and handle a barge, yet to be built for Preston's snagging work. It is in an early photo of Preston's unplanked hull.

Mike in Shelton
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:53 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,371 Posts
Looking Back 4 Years

Had some time this evening to take a look back over some 97 pages and almost 91,000 views comprising this build log and the thing that stands out above all else are the people who have followed along on this log. I wish every one of you could be here for Preston's first run across Island Lake. Never in a million years could I have imagined this project ending up the way it has. What a joy!

Happy dreaming, planning, building and running your models.

Mike on Island Lake
Old Nov 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Well, I found the thread a little ways in to the build, but have enjoyed every bit of it, and yes, I wish I could be there to see the maiden voyage on the lake, but just a bit of a ways to go...

In watching the build, I have learned quite a few things both in model ship building and machining, and quite excellent work on both. Now, as it nears the end of this build, I have to wonder.....what's next??

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2014, 01:42 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Well, I found the thread a little ways in to the build, but have enjoyed every bit of it, and yes, I wish I could be there to see the maiden voyage on the lake, but just a bit of a ways to go...

In watching the build, I have learned quite a few things both in model ship building and machining, and quite excellent work on both. Now, as it nears the end of this build, I have to wonder.....what's next??

SteveT.
Me Too...