Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:14 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
...another video from me shows Boomerang landings positive/negative
Somehow, Count, I'm pretty sure you didn't saw my video, so just in case, watch it. It's amazing how your's look like a carbon copy of mine! Nice boomerangs!

Ultra-micro Stryker 180 upright boomerang landings. (3 min 37 sec)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
Can you go into more detail on how to do that
Inverted boomerang are relatively easy....

Doing a upright boomerang is MUCH harder. Here's a thread about the upright boomerangs here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1497367

While trying to do upright boomerangs, you will automatically find out how to do inverted ones!!!! It will do it over and over, until you finally find a method that work for you so you can finally do the upright ones! And sure enough, as the Count and I have showed up, next step is to do the upright boomerang all the way to the ground to land the Stryker. Normally, you do the boomerangs WAY UP in the sky, and you bail out very early while still flying. Keep the landings for the last...

Again, when you practice boomerangs, BAIL OUT HIGH. It take a little while to get the control back in forward flight.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Somehow, Count, I'm pretty sure you didn't saw my video, so just in case, watch it. It's amazing how your's look like a carbon copy of mine! Nice boomerangs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGanUwoigs
RG, very nice....yes, the tiny Stryker makes really fun
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,762 Posts
RG's video confirmed me wanting to get the 'lil sister! I LOVE the full-size Stryker!!!

For me she handles EXACTLY like the full-size so it's even more of a blast to fly her in the cul-de-sac! Neighbors love it!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
RG's video confirmed me wanting to get the 'lil sister! I LOVE the full-size Stryker!!!

For me she handles EXACTLY like the full-size so it's even more of a blast to fly her in the cul-de-sac! Neighbors love it!
Bad news for you though.... I've flown my full size Stryker Q only about 8 times in only two flying sessions this summer (and summer is almost over). Before the UM Stryker, I was flying a full size Stryker (C or Q) almost every week. The UM is getting all the "Stryker" flight time now! My full size Q still look new, so that's a proof there's something wrong here! Not selling it yet though, so I know I'll fly the big guy again... But it's so fun to go to a very small local park, fly this thing at high speed, and do an elevator landing at your feet. Toooo sweet.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:17 PM
United States, TN, Gray
Joined Nov 2010
156 Posts
Realgambler, I gotta really agree with the high bailout, I thought the boomerang spin was so cool I watched a little long and did a lawn dart while recovering. That's what CA is for anyways!
jumna is offline Find More Posts by jumna
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:42 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumna View Post
Realgambler, I gotta really agree with the high bailout, I thought the boomerang spin was so cool I watched a little long and did a lawn dart while recovering. That's what CA is for anyways!
Why do you think I'm warning others... Been there done that.

Next: You'll get good at it, and you'll want to bail later and later, and later, until there's not enough room. Don't store that glue too far!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:07 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
I just picked up a micro stryker today for $50, bnf with a bit of damage. Great deal! It flies very well, even handled the bit of wind I put it up in. I also have some turnigy 2s on the way, and some 4040 props. Do the 4040 props over amp the esc? Also, do I have to have the plane facing into wind to land it elevator style, or can I do it in calm weather as well? I flew i with my aurora 9, and a custom spektrum module. Happy to join the club!
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
I just picked up a micro stryker today for $50, bnf with a bit of damage. Great deal! It flies very well, even handled the bit of wind I put it up in. I also have some turnigy 2s on the way, and some 4040 props. Do the 4040 props over amp the esc? Also, do I have to have the plane facing into wind to land it elevator style, or can I do it in calm weather as well? I flew i with my aurora 9, and a custom spektrum module. Happy to join the club!
A 4040 does not over-amp the ESC, but you do need those batteries you have on the way.

It will do an elevator in calm conditions but there is a little forward travel.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
Okay, thanks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Just ordered mine today... haven't told the wife yet. Also got some of the 260mah nanotech from HK at $4 each you can't go wrong. Can't wait to get out to the park!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:38 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,117 Posts
subscribed
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
I put in three flights tonight, resulting in one crash, and a few shall we say, landing mishaps. Oddly, the crash was the result of a lockout, and I noticed a few instances in flight where the motor cut, and I didn't have control for a second. When I popped the hatch so I could move the battery a bit further back, I noticed the rx antenna was placed contacting the circuit board. I think that may be what caused the lockouts. I've rerouted the antenna to outside the the fuse, hopefully that should help. Also, I noticed that after I added some glue to the nose, it spun out in an elevator landing. Too nose heavy I assume?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Wow the DX8 program from HH works like a treat! Even the air brakes worked!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85