New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,877 Posts
Discussion
Dynam aircraft ?

Are these any good ? I have a 450 heli and to be honest bird flys very well. I did not know what to expect and heli rose like a home sick angle.
I'm use to FBL 450's and this is fly-bared. to my delite smooth and stable. not quite as good as fbl but not bad at all. Just thinking about their planes might be pretty decent also. ??
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2015, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by basslord1124
Joined Jul 2013
91 Posts
I think what I hear from other folks here is sort of a mixed bag...some good some bad. But I'd do a search on all the forums here for Dynam just to see what turns up.

My experience with Dynam has been more bad than good. I have one of their J3 Piper Cubs...mine is the one with the shorter wingspan and is equivalent to their Super Cub. My wife got me the Cub as my first plane to get me back into RC planes after a long hiatus. My original first plane from 20 years ago was a nitro powered one...the Dynam was my first electric. Here's sort of a breakdown of my experience with my Dynam:

Bad
Manual - first off the manual was complete garbage. I want to think it was "translated" from Chinese or Japanese. Where I had such a long hiatus from RC planes and this being my first electric it made for a very rocky start with the manual. The construction side of the manual wasn't too bad, but when the manual covered the receiver/transmitter/ESC it was very confusing. I actually found more info online and through youtube than I did with the manual. You may not have this problem if you are pretty familiar with that stuff
Construction - I don't think the construction was junk, but it definitely could've been improved some in certain areas. For my Cub I would've liked to see a better designed tailwheel and a wing design that had some dihedral (it was just a straight flat wing). Perhaps other more expensive Dynam planes had better construction?

Good
Electronics/Motor - Believe it or not, even though it took me a while to get the hang of the system, I have never had any issues with the electronics. All servos, receiver/transmitter, motor, and ESC work fine. Motor has plenty of power too.

I've told others I think it's just a cursed plane. I have yet to have a successful flight with it so I can't say much in terms of how it flies. I am pretty determined that I will get it to fly someday though. Right now it's been on my workbench getting some of those little things fixed (dihedral wing, etc). I have since got myself some micro planes (The Champ) and have been flying with those with great success.

Maybe some others here have had better luck with their Dynams. I know their other planes look really nice so maybe they're ok. But anyways, hope this helps.
basslord1124 is online now Find More Posts by basslord1124
Old Aug 29, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by Krumpel
Crash tests done dirt cheap!
United States, WV, Lewisburg
Joined Feb 2014
87 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Dynam products. The ESCs can be a tad wonky but the Motionrc website has a tutorial for programming them if there is an issue.

My Dynam Waco is a wonderful flyer and a regular in the foamy rotation.

YMMV
Krumpel is online now Find More Posts by Krumpel
Old Aug 30, 2015, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,877 Posts
Thank you for replies. Think I'll stick with E-flite. Have an issue HH will make it right.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04