SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2015, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by Crash Override
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
1,024 Posts
That's close, Duke. Thrust angle compensates for motor/engine torque. With the prop turning CW (pilot view), the airframe tries to turn CCW - unless you compensate for it. So you "pull" the airframe down and right so it doesn't go up and left.

Spike: if the motor is off the long axis of the airframe to the right (pilot's view), you will have to duplicate that angle TO THE LEFT if you reverse the motor to use the props you bought.

To me, that's a lot of work compared to ordering the correct direction prop and installing it.
Crash Override is offline Find More Posts by Crash Override
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone P-47 D Snortin' Bull
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2015, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by spikerspike97
Joined May 2015
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Override View Post
That's close, Duke. Thrust angle compensates for motor/engine torque. With the prop turning CW (pilot view), the airframe tries to turn CCW - unless you compensate for it. So you "pull" the airframe down and right so it doesn't go up and left.

Spike: if the motor is off the long axis of the airframe to the right (pilot's view), you will have to duplicate that angle TO THE LEFT if you reverse the motor to use the props you bought.

To me, that's a lot of work compared to ordering the correct direction prop and installing it.
Okay thank you. You really helped me. What do you think. Is a 11x4.7 prop better than the stock? I have a turnigy 1500mah
spikerspike97 is online now Find More Posts by spikerspike97
Old Sep 01, 2015, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by Crash Override
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikerspike97 View Post
Okay thank you. You really helped me. What do you think. Is a 11x4.7 prop better than the stock? I have a turnigy 1500mah
Since the manual (yes, there is one) suggests using a (correct direction) prop of the specs you want to be able to hover the sttiP (and that the stock prop is 10x4.7 as I recall), I suppose one could say it is "better". The important thing is that the bird performs the way you want it to when you're done - so "better" is a relative term at best.

I run Mad Dog 1500mAh batteries in mine. (I don't recall the discharge rating off the top of my head.) Everything else is stock. Battery capacity (mAh rating) is simply the size of your "gas tank". The discharge rating (given as multiples of C, and C == mAh rating) only determines how much current the battery can safely deliver under load.

The battery you have will be fine. It gives a little more flight time over the specified battery (with all else being stock), so the slightly larger prop you want should only reduce your flight time down to comparable to stock everything (including battery) due to the slight load increase the larger prop imposes.

The short short version: What you want will work. The above is simply why.
Crash Override is offline Find More Posts by Crash Override
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone P-47 D Snortin' Bull