SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2014, 04:40 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
318 Posts
My friend is installing the temp sensor in his 60cc Edge. It's very short and were wondering if he could make an extension for it without affecting it's acuracy? They should really include instructions for installing the sensors. I still have to find a good spot for my optic rpm sensor. The motor box does not seem like a good spot. The rpms are way off at idle and not to bad but still off.
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2014, 03:47 PM
East TN
Joined Jan 2005
269 Posts
I got one of these
http://www.graupner.de/de/products/a...1/product.aspx

but still need to test

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/fil...o_DE_EN_FR.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr View Post
My friend is installing the temp sensor in his 60cc Edge. It's very short and were wondering if he could make an extension for it without affecting it's acuracy? They should really include instructions for installing the sensors. I still have to find a good spot for my optic rpm sensor. The motor box does not seem like a good spot. The rpms are way off at idle and not to bad but still off.
CAT Power is offline Find More Posts by CAT Power
Old Jun 02, 2014, 06:06 AM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Power View Post
My RPM sensor looks nothing like that! Where did you get that one from ?
Thanks.
Old Jun 02, 2014, 08:06 PM
East TN
Joined Jan 2005
269 Posts
Germany
CAT Power is offline Find More Posts by CAT Power
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:20 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
743 Posts
Mini Warbirds on Sale!

Pilots, if you are not on our mailing list follow this link http://conta.cc/SCw2Ck for a special we are running for a few micro warbirds each included with a GR-12+3xG Stabilization and Gyro Receiver.

Shipping is FREE!
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 12, 2014, 01:43 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
318 Posts
At least I get a real RX on your BNF planes that can be used on anything. Not like the Spektrum planes. Do the motor battery come with it also?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 01:57 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr View Post
.....Do the motor battery come with it also?
Includes
GR-12 3XG Gyro receiver
T-28(Body)
8g Servo x 4
1950Kv Brushless motor
20A Brushless ESC
3S 11.1V 800mAh LiPo battery
2 blade propeller(5.5x4.5)

That looks like a nice deal for a micro plane. The Rx itself sells for $75.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:01 AM
Joined Oct 2013
743 Posts
This is a good deal which will most likely not happen again anytime soon with a gyro RX and battery for this price.

The gyro settings are preset but can be changed during flight with flight modes or assignable controls.

You can go from mild to wild with a flick of a switch
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 17, 2014, 09:54 AM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,651 Posts
I'm looking to switch from a DX9 to an MZ-24 because I love the interface and the receiver versatility. I have yet to hold one, which is a prerequisite for buying one, so I'll have to find someplace semi-local that sells them.

One feature I've noticed that's missing from the MZ-24 vs. the DX9 is a switch-triggered channel sequencer. The most common use for a sequencer is lowering and raising retracts that have associated bay doors, but the possibilities are endless. The DX9 additionally allows for self-triggered free-running sequencers that can strobe lights, etc.

Are there any plans to add channel sequencers to the MZ firmware?
TheBum is online now Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:09 AM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
I'm looking to switch from a DX9 to an MZ-24 because I love the interface and the receiver versatility. I have yet to hold one, which is a prerequisite for buying one, so I'll have to find someplace semi-local that sells them.

One feature I've noticed that's missing from the MZ-24 vs. the DX9 is a switch-triggered channel sequencer. The most common use for a sequencer is lowering and raising retracts that have associated bay doors, but the possibilities are endless. The DX9 additionally allows for self-triggered free-running sequencers that can strobe lights, etc.

Are there any plans to add channel sequencers to the MZ firmware?
For the feel ,if you like the what the dx9 feels. Pretty sure you'll like the MZ better. I'm coming from a JR 12x and like the way the MZ feels compared to the 12x. One friend has a higher end Futaba 14MZ and loves the feel of his MZ 24. I may have sold two more friends on a MZ 24 also. One thing I had to get use to? It's a little tighter between the switches on top of the tx compared to my 12x. But I'm totally use to it now.
The sequencer sounds pretty cool. With graupner it seems if you make a suggestion they start working on an update. I would like to see the sequencer also. There might even be a way to do it with the MZ 24.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:41 AM
Joined Oct 2013
743 Posts
You can program a sequencer by using a couple of mixers smartly.

Load up the servo monitor and use SW6 to see what it does.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:48 PM
Joined Jul 2004
18 Posts
Can I mix digital and analog servos, specifically use a DES 261 for throttle and DES 577s on flight controls using a GR-24 rx and an MZ 18 tx?
OverKill is offline Find More Posts by OverKill
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:53 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,446 Posts
Can you adjust the frame rate on the MZ-18? The only thing I found with analog is some of them don't like the faster frame rate, some don't seem to mind.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:04 PM
Joined Oct 2013
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Can I mix digital and analog servos, specifically use a DES 261 for throttle and DES 577s on flight controls using a GR-24 rx and an MZ 18 tx?
Yes you can mix them but make sure that you are running a 20ms frame rate which can be configured on the receiver.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:05 PM
Joined Jul 2004
18 Posts
Pretty sure you can, just not sure if Graupner digital park flyer servos will work at the slower rate. I need 7 servos for an old .45 glow plane, don't want to put hundreds into servos for it, but still want all new. I've got a bunch of old HS55's if it won't work, just checking before ordering.
OverKill is offline Find More Posts by OverKill