SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 03:58 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,131 Posts
that glacier 1100amh life 2s is holding up...gonna swicht to that!

fred

thanks again.
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:16 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
No problems with the Talon 90 myself on other planes. It's been rock solid.

On the Beast, I also run a 2s 1300mah setup (CC100 but not using BEC)with telemetry. Yes the voltage sags, but we are not talking anything near brownout levels (3.6? 3.3?)
Interesting... yeah, nowhere near brownouts for me on my 2S lipo; however, I've calculated that a perfect storm of all 6 servos stalling would probably mean ~ 12 to 14 Amps of current!! This is based on specs of my servos - aileron stall @ 1.3A and tail servos @ 3.2A.

So... I'm definitely going to DIY a power bus of sorts just so that I'm not ever running all those amps over the circuit board trace in the AR8000 Rx.

I may also go to a bigger Rx pack... not sure yet. I'd go Life, but their a lower voltage than the 2S lipo and I want the HV if for no other reason than my servos support it and it'll get me the most speed out of them

Cheers,
J
uberjay is online now Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Today, 04:23 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,531 Posts
The major limit of these 2s receiver lipos is the gauge of the wires. That's why they usually come with 2 or 3 connectors that's different from a regular lipo. You are supposed to connect as many as possible since a regular servo wire only can push through 4-5 amps.

I.e
http://www.valuehobby.com/5c-2100mah-2s-rx.html

The beauty of power distribution boards is that they use deans and thicker wire to power all the servos. The negative is that they are usually a hundred or more and add weight.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Today, 05:38 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
The major limit of these 2s receiver lipos is the gauge of the wires. That's why they usually come with 2 or 3 connectors that's different from a regular lipo. You are supposed to connect as many as possible since a regular servo wire only can push through 4-5 amps.

I.e
http://www.valuehobby.com/5c-2100mah-2s-rx.html

The beauty of power distribution boards is that they use deans and thicker wire to power all the servos. The negative is that they are usually a hundred or more and add weight.
Yeah, thanks. My lipo is 20C. So it should pump the current; however, you make an interesting point about using more than one of it's leads.

Thanks,
J
uberjay is online now Find More Posts by uberjay