SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Discussion
Swash plate help?

Ello,

So i've had a master CP for a while now; I knew it was coming and had to replace the servo's with metal ones....

I'm having a hard time understanding how i'm suppose to level the swash/blade pitch.

I level the swash just fine and set my TX to 0% pitchcrv from Low to high stick - throttled up and everything looks good the heli just sits on the ground nicley.

Made some changes to the pitch - I think I had like 25+ low stick to 55+ on the high (because i'm learning still) and it flew ok....

Then I watched a video about leveling the swash then setting the pitch... so i set my throttle crv all to zero and played around with the pitch... it looks like the pitch is set by the swash moving up and down the shaft...

So my question is - should I have set this all up with the throttle at mid stick? and if so how do i know where the swash should be on the main shaft at mid stick?

Would a video help?

Thanks
TheSwing is offline Find More Posts by TheSwing
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2013, 09:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,471 Posts
The swashplate should be leveled with the throttle set at mid-stick. Position the swashplate so it has full travel up and down, when moving the servos. There is a certain amount of trial and error involved.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14