HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:32 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jun 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
I'm afraid not. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my two CX gyros and getting ZYX-S to replace them.
Curious, why don't you flash they to zyx and use the new firmware?

Ken
Daddy. is offline Find More Posts by Daddy.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:44 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy. View Post

Ken
Not all well cross flash.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy. View Post

Ken
I have a silver edge and a blue edge CX gyro and I thought one of them could not be cross-flashed to ZYX firmware. But finally I got fed up with the CX bull**** and did them both. Surprisingly both took the ZYX 3.50 firmware without any issue. The down side is that now I have a useless CX programming box. And I really did like to have the ability to switch settings at the field...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Last edited by Dr.M; Jul 28, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:43 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,264 Posts
Im also liking my CX- program box. have three brids with the 3x1000 and would hate to run back and forth to my PC for adjustments.
I need two more FBL controllers, but am a bit hesitant to get more of the CX versions, lacking the updates. The ZYX-S looks better for future use.

Is there a way to flash the programmer to tarot? , perhaps by connecting a programmer cable directly to to Atmel chip?

By the way, is there any physical difference between the ZYX and ZYX-S? If there is none, does the new firmware include a bootloader for the Atmel chip, or would the loader be lost when you force flash directly to the chip?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Last edited by sp00fman; Jul 28, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:43 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
I have a silver edge and a blue edge CX gyro and I thought one of them could not be cross-flashed to ZYX firmware. But finally I got fed up with the CX bull**** and did them both. Surprisingly both took the ZYX 3.50 firmware without any issue. The down side is that now I have a useless CX programming box. And I really did like to have the ability to switch settings at the field...
Good to hear, I have a couple of each.

There is a firmware for the zyx programmer http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=267 if I can get all my cx's flashed to 3.5 tomorrow I'll try the programmer. Well if I can figure it out, instructions are in Chinese.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Is there a way to flash the CX with zyx firmware using the computer software? I tried but fails, had to reflash with cx firmware.
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojolt View Post
Is there a way to flash the CX with zyx firmware using the computer software? I tried but fails, had to reflash with cx firmware.
I used John's PC app v1.22 to flash both my CXs. However, it's still possible that some of the later CXs cannot be flashed to ZYX. I just helped a guy on HF to flash his CX to ZYX v3.50 and it bricked it, he went back to CX v1...
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
I used John's PC app v1.22 to flash both my CXs. However, it's still possible that some of the later CXs cannot be flashed to ZYX. I just helped a guy on HF to flash his CX to ZYX v3.50 and it bricked it, he went back to CX v1...
thanks, going to give that a try and report back.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
216 Posts
Just crossed flahed my cx, Can't wiat to test it. Rainy day here!! Now only if the program box can be crossed flashed.... Well atleast I have a servo tester & Batt voltage reader.
kgd1 is online now Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgd1 View Post
Here you go I use this for my BeastX & CX-3X1000 FBL units, Just rename the file extension to: .eepe have fun

Thanks for the settings!

I found a bug in the gyro gain. It goes to full negative when you switch to rate mode.

I'm still learning the ER9x. i think i will use the gyro setup template for now.
It uses one of the pots to set gain and a switch to flip between HH and rate mode.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Tried flashing my 3 CX gyros with Tarot firmware and none of them worked... had to re-flash it back with original CX firmaware
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,282 Posts
Just finished flashing my CX to tarot 3.50 mine was one of the first sold CX's
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
I have several friends interested in getting into this hobby and I was going to recomend them to use the CX gyro but not sure anymore due to the lack of keeping up with the competition.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Thanks for the settings!

I found a bug in the gyro gain. It goes to full negative when you switch to rate mode.

I'm still learning the ER9x. i think i will use the gyro setup template for now.
It uses one of the pots to set gain and a switch to flip between HH and rate mode.
Your Welcome! ER9x is awesome!
kgd1 is online now Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojolt View Post
I have several friends interested in getting into this hobby and I was going to recomend them to use the CX gyro but not sure anymore due to the lack of keeping up with the competition.
+1
ZYX leads the pack by a mile.

Too bad some of the CX gyros can't be cross flashed. I'm really hapy mine worked.