HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:24 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Thanks, that's great, and I have all the options. Hopefully the ET stuff comes later today.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
zxr static stats (0 min 17 sec)
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
Looks perfect.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:12 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
One more thing: what are Aux1 in and Aux 2 in.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:26 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
You want to connect Aux 1 to a two position switch, and aux 2 to a three position switch.

Then designate the switching mode to 3 pos (rth)

This way you can navigate and select in the menu by using the two switches.

You can also involk RTH by using the three position switch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other ways to configure the switches, and you can change them in the future, if you choose to do so,

but this is the best way to utilize them for set-up and calibration.

So, you take the aux 1 (two position switch) receiver channel, to aux 1 input on the osd, and etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
One more thing: what are Aux1 in and Aux 2 in.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:29 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
Kloner,

Excuse my inability to remember...

What frequency are you on?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Quote:
So, you take the aux 1 (two position switch) receiver channel, to aux 1 input on the osd, and etc...
This stuff is a huge help. I have read the manual but there is so much stuff and I am trying to get the wiring done. I am almost there, trying to get it right and organized as much as I can. I tried to put little stick on labels where I could. There are a lot of wires. Now I need to check and double check it all. I am still awaiting my Ubec.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:05 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
It is a bit of a process, but once you get it calibrated and tested sufficiently, you will be able to rely on it...

Quote:
This stuff is a huge help. I have read the manual but there is so much stuff and I am trying to get the wiring done. I am almost there, trying to get it right and organized as much as I can. I tried to put little stick on labels where I could. There are a lot of wires. Now I need to check and double check it all. I am still awaiting my Ubec.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
Thats 2.4 video,,, lawmate, ezuhf for rc

got a 10x4 prop on there and shes running 1300 cont watts, got enough service there for 2000,,,,,, and 130mph. 70" ZXR, 42mm motor on 8s 800kv

Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Hi! ​​Billpa Please help me answer my the osd pro download 10.44 software Guardian Stabilization Expandet horizontal line, AUX1 + AUX2 menu on one side only action, the display GRAPHICE ERROR 00000.EMAIL the SUPPORT Why?
jr4081 is offline Find More Posts by jr4081
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
try booting the camera before the osd, especialy if this is a gopro. The one i posted above gave me that the first couple boots, it is 8s with 2x 4s in series and i was plugging them in the wrong order
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:05 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You want to connect Aux 1 to a two position switch, and aux 2 to a three position switch.

Then designate the switching mode to 3 pos (rth)

This way you can navigate and select in the menu by using the two switches.

You can also involk RTH by using the three position switch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other ways to configure the switches, and you can change them in the future, if you choose to do so,

but this is the best way to utilize them for set-up and calibration.

If I choose this method, is it also possible to somehow control the overall gain of the Guardian and/or turn stablilization using Aux 2?

Or to I do the one swith option for Aux 1 and then put Aux two on a variable switch for the Guardian?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:01 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
Quote:
If I choose this method, is it also possible to somehow control the overall gain of the Guardian and/or turn stablilization using Aux 2?

Or to I do the one swith option for Aux 1 and then put Aux two on a variable switch for the Guardian?
No, this method gives you full access to the menu, and you can configure it using the menu,

You will have to access the menu a lot for a while, until you get it configured.

Your first time through will be a learning process, so it should take longer than any future projects.

-Mike
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
I like aux1 setup 3 way switch and aux2 for guard gain, mainly cause it is easier to get it out of an oscillation when it's a dial, for me the first few flights setting it all up. I use the servo deflection stats and figure out how high it can be set to then I go in and reduce the main gain. At that point I still like the knob to turn it down in no wind just to free it up a tad. In a lot of wind ill max it out
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:45 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,973 Posts
Well, I got it all wired up and no white smoke so that is good. I am confused about the throttle.

I have receiver connected to OSD in and then out to the ESC. Since I have a Ubec I have only the signal wire of the ESC connected. Everything works fine and the motor spins up.

For testing I removed the wire to the ESC and plugged a servo into the OSD out. The servo doesn't respond to throttle properly and sometime moves when I move another control like aileron. It works properly when connected directly to the RX channel.

I must be missing something. Any ideas?