SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2015, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by Utkinpol
Joined Apr 2015
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle View Post
I wanted to flash theses ESCs: Mystery M-30A 30A SimonK ESC.

According to the google doc document shared: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...BQkZZRlE#gid=0 i have a lot of references to Mystery 30A with different firmware file.

Does it mean i can use any of these files for flashing the ESCs? If not, what firmware file should i use for them?
I have those exact ESCs on 4s running dji 2212 motors and saw no issues with performance. What is the reason to get them reflashed?
Utkinpol is online now Find More Posts by Utkinpol
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2015, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by ABLomas
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,791 Posts
No reason, if you do not have issues with performance.
"Never touch running system" ;-)
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jul 04, 2015, 12:01 PM
Joined Apr 2015
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
No reason, if you do not have issues with performance.
"Never touch running system" ;-)
May be it was dumb luck but i tried 3 kinds of escs - all came from ebay claimed to carry 'last' simonk firmware and vehicles flew ok on them. Dys 30a, those black ones above and some complete no name 20a stuff in a red wrapper.

I wonder if it could be better but as long as calibration completes and motors turn imdid not see why to mess with that.

On tarot imheard sometimes a bit of a high pitch tone at yaw movement but as motors and escs are just barely warm and it flies smoothly and with an expected thrust i kept it as it is.

So, speaking of simonk code base itself - are those versions different enough to keep code reflashed or it is stable to the level where it is irrelevant if it was flashed 1 or 2 years ago?
Old Jul 04, 2015, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by TheQuestor
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkinpol View Post
May be it was dumb luck but i tried 3 kinds of escs - all came from ebay claimed to carry 'last' simonk firmware and vehicles flew ok on them. Dys 30a, those black ones above and some complete no name 20a stuff in a red wrapper.

I wonder if it could be better but as long as calibration completes and motors turn imdid not see why to mess with that.

On tarot imheard sometimes a bit of a high pitch tone at yaw movement but as motors and escs are just barely warm and it flies smoothly and with an expected thrust i kept it as it is.

So, speaking of simonk code base itself - are those versions different enough to keep code reflashed or it is stable to the level where it is irrelevant if it was flashed 1 or 2 years ago?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it doesn't work then beat it with a hammer and if it breaks then your not out anything

My original HK30A that I flashed when I bought them almost 2 years ago are still running the same simonk and still work fine without ever updating them. Now if you were running BLHeli I'd say update, if you're running SimonK and they work I'd say leave them
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Jul 04, 2015, 01:15 PM
Joined Apr 2015
334 Posts
Good, i just wanted to confirm. Thx
Old Jul 04, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by TheQuestor
Official Stupid Question Asker