HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2014, 05:00 AM
Joined Mar 2014
1 Posts
Alert
Pete n Planes

This trader is shonky ! Do not get involved with him. I ordered a cdi conversion kit from him around the end of Feb. this year, and when it arrived I found component missing from kit. I managed to start e.mail dialogue with him re the problem ( which is more than some poor people have managed apparently ), anyway initial response by vendor was that the unit comes as a complete kit, and he was sorry bit was missing and would check with supplier. I acknowledged his e.mail and awaited reply. Reply arrived and vendor was trying to tell me that his supplier claimed the missing component did not form part of the kit, if I wanted it I needed to order as an additional item at extra cost which he was prepared to bill me for at whatever price supplier charged him. He further stated that he was sorry and unhappy about the situation, but there was NOTHING else he could do !! This was a shock considering vendor clearly shows on his web site the COMPLETE kit and the written description of what is included in kit INCLUDES the missing part from my order.
Got back to vendor via e.mail and let him know what I thought of his ethics. Got a reply back from vendor indicating that my e.mail was unwarranted in its "tone", and that I should allow him to continue to negotiate with supplier?? A bit contradictory to his previous e.mail where he indicated there was nothing else he could do, I would suggest ! Anyway, he went on further to say that he could offer me a discount voucher for $8.00, or when he makes the next order with cdi supplier they will send my missing component with that order and he will send to me free of charge ( I am not sure if he means free of post charge or component and post free ? And of course no date of this event occurring was supplied !) He further indicated that I was an old customer and that the stated kit in issue was an order over 2 years old ???? Warranty on cdi kits was only 6 months. Not only does this bloke try and fob you off with fanciful stories he doesn't even seem to know the age of orders made to him ( this dispute relates to my order made in the previous 5 - 6 weeks !!!). Anyway I replied yet again and told him I didn't want an $8.00 gift voucher, I wanted the missing component , and asked he give me an expected date of dispatch... Surprise, surprise, surprise, no answer from this vendor has been forthcoming (to date). Seems he has now "stuck his head in the sand"( or some other dark place !)" hoping I will just "go away" I suspect.
Advice has been taken by me from the Office of Fair Trading - Qld, and in accord with instructions given by them I will be lodging a formal complaint if this vendor does not reply to me in the next 48 hours. This guy is a real "horror show". DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM.
Grumpy01 is offline Find More Posts by Grumpy01
to remove ads between posts