HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:27 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Sorry I failed to upload a pic sooner.Heres a shot I took on the run this morning showing the 4mm blade set.I also have the 2mm set.I will make a video soon with this thing in action .
They work very well but cross cutting at angles is still kind of difficult but can be done.
sgmxr6 is offline Find More Posts by sgmxr6
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2013, 11:59 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
thanks. ive seen videos of guys cutting coroplast. & when they make a single cut along the ribs, theres a slit of plastic that gets sliced out. so apparently they use 2 blades at once, and cut out a 3-4mm slice along the ribs.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:51 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
Yep, when you see the sliver of plastic come out, they're cutting a hinge with one of these: http://www.spadtothebone.org/misc/hingetool.htm
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Sep 02, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
132 Posts
I have an old Corostar 40 with the tray/cartridge broken. It has been collecting dust for years. Maybe I should rebuild it this winter.
9Mach is offline Find More Posts by 9Mach
Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:34 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
I actually have all of the dimesions for each piece of the power cartridge for the aircore planes. They were all the same between the airframes.This allows you to only need one radio and engine and have multiple airframes.
I'm sorry this post came so late I lost my job and its been really really difficult to get back on my feet.
I still haven't finished the corostar I need to find an engine for it and finish the wing with the retract boxes.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:35 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Pm me Mach if you still need the dimensions or I can make you a pattern and mail it to you.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:33 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Thought I would update a little, I was out of work for months and couldn't really afford to keep the projects moving.Until recently so here's where I am.My daughters trainer has been on hold for lack of parts I got a used hitec focus 4 fm transmitter minus a reciecer and as of last week courtesy of softlanding I have 2 os.40fsr engines.I wanted to get 2 of the same engine just in case her maiden doesn't go so well.Softlanding also tossed in a reciever that that's due in the mail any day now.Thanks Softlanding (Really Nice Guy! ).
My daughter has no idea that I've been back on the project secretly getting the plane ready for a Christmas surprise.I wanted to add some photos of the secret progress thus far.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:36 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
this is the removeable power cartridge that aircore uses everything attatches to it so it makes for a nice advantage when working on the plane.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
Duck tape cant fix that
Joined Sep 2012
73 Posts
Pre flight checklist is finally within sight not much left to do now.I need to make use of a prop balancer.I gave to bolt the engine down but I have to wait for Christmas eve for that so the little one doesn't spot the engine lol.
I need to get the reciever installed and range tested and fire the engine up.
I btoke open The corostar kit finally!!! Im going to try and complete the airframe before Christmas so It will be ready to go flying.As some of you guys may remember I was working with the wing design to set it up for retracts I found a way to set them up using the mechanial units I have.Pics will be coming in the next few days!!!
Closed Thread