SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2009
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
Pinoy .. you should congratulate yourself !!! if you can see your roof on the WinGUI "map" your GPS is already working. BUT did you input the magnetic declination into config.h? Very important to get that in or your quad will fly crazy circles and could crash. The tutorial is on the EOSBandi GPS write up. You have to reload the sketch - but you know that already.
i have done the diclination thing ..clicked on the link and got the numbers that i needed ..just put a perion in between the two numbers and added f..is that sound right?
pinoydad is online now Find More Posts by pinoydad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:00 PM
R/C ruined me, But i have fun!
Denmark, Nordjylland, Nørresundby
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Silly question but have to ask anyway. Did you calibrate your ESC's with the same programming? You may have different ESC/motor calibrations and the board is trying to compensate. You can sometimes tell if the ECS beeps when you power on do not happen at the same time ...
Hey. Yes i have both calibrated the ESC's through the programming Card, transmitter and Multiwii. And the start the exact same time (beeps is equal). But i was wondering if the values you set in the multiwii code for the ESC's might have a role in this. I am using the Hobbyking Blueseries 30 amp and the programming card used for these. And i use the Hextronic DT750 on this.

Regards,
Martin.
ParamiLL is offline Find More Posts by ParamiLL
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:17 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad View Post
i have done the diclination thing ..clicked on the link and got the numbers that i needed ..just put a perion in between the two numbers and added f..is that sound right?
I think you have to divide the second number by 60, but I am not sure either. Also, I wonder if this site might give better numbers:

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag-web/#declination
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2009
768 Posts
will some one help me out ..i dont quite understand how to use the formula that was given at hk..here are the values to my position..10degrees 24' east positive

i'm coming up w/ these numbers .10.0.4...is this right?
pinoydad is online now Find More Posts by pinoydad
Last edited by pinoydad; Dec 07, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,193 Posts
To determine Mag declination:

For example the magnetic declination for Budapest is 3° 58' EAST so the value that you have to enter into config.h is 3+58*(1/60) which is 3.96. EAST means that the value is positive, WEST means it’s negative ( at Pittsburg it is 9° 13' WEST which is -9.21 ). Enter the calculated value to config.h, in the #define MAG_DECLINIATION line, please add an f after the number to indicate a decimal number.

If you didn't get it, it's multiple the second number with 1/60 (~0.016667) and add the first number. You have to multiple first then add. Follow math's Order of operations.

So pino your 10 24 east so that 24*.016667+10 = 10.4f (positive since your east)
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
I am seeing new stuff coming out regarding sonar support in Multiwii for serial sonar and it may already be in dev 1240. Anybody try that yet for this board?
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamiLL View Post
Yes i have done that several times. Could it be the PID settings too high or the ESC's calibrated wrong?

Regards,
Martin.
Of course you balanced your props and your CG is perfectly balanced right? Not to mention Accel and Mag calibration completed.

Anyway .... try this. REMOVE YOUR PROPS and hook up your copter to WinGUI 2.1. Power up, arm and "fly". Look at the realtime behavior of your sensors and look for the "spikes" that would indicate the "behavior" you observe. Pick up and move your copter around as if flying - the motors should run smooth and change speed as you move it slowly but should not be jumpy. If you do not see the spikes it on the GUI and your "hand flight" is smooth, it "MAY" be something in the frame design or construction that is causing the behavior and not the board itself. I was going to suggest a different test I also do even for my 500 helis - but this is not the proper place for that ....

Pay particular attention to boom rigidity - if that boom flexes on itself or where it is attached, that will spell trouble. Which means you may have to reduce your roll, pitch PID and add Low Pass filters to calm your copter down at the expense of stability.

Reason I say this is - if I attach this board which flies 100% super stable in a FlyingRobot 550, it starts to act like a nervous HS prom teenager on a HK Q450 frame with gittery motors. Hooked up to WinGUI 2.1 for both setups, the sensors were "behaving well" on both frames on the bench - so that eliminated the board as the culprit. Sooo because of the physical traits of the Q450 frame (which was confirmed on other RCG threads) I had to dumb down the sensors by adding LP filters and lowering the PIDS. Not bashing the Q450 - I love this frame for its durability - just that I need to respect how it affects the FC board it carries on its back.
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:09 PM
R/C ruined me, But i have fun!
Denmark, Nordjylland, Nørresundby
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Of course you balanced your props and your CG is perfectly balanced right? Not to mention Accel and Mag calibration completed.

Anyway .... try this. REMOVE YOUR PROPS and hook up your copter to WinGUI 2.1. Power up, arm and "fly". Look at the realtime behavior of your sensors and look for the "spikes" that would indicate the "behavior" you observe. Pick up and move your copter around as if flying - the motors should run smooth and change speed as you move it slowly but should not be jumpy. If you do not see the spikes it on the GUI and your "hand flight" is smooth, it "MAY" be something in the frame design or construction that is causing the behavior and not the board itself. I was going to suggest a different test I also do even for my 500 helis - but this is not the proper place for that ....

Pay particular attention to boom rigidity - if that boom flexes on itself or where it is attached, that will spell trouble. Which means you may have to reduce your roll, pitch PID and add Low Pass filters to calm your copter down at the expense of stability.

Reason I say this is - if I attach this board which flies 100% super stable in a FlyingRobot 550, it starts to act like a nervous HS prom teenager on a HK Q450 frame with gittery motors. Hooked up to WinGUI 2.1 for both setups, the sensors were "behaving well" on both frames on the bench - so that eliminated the board as the culprit. Sooo because of the physical traits of the Q450 frame (which was confirmed on other RCG threads) I had to dumb down the sensors by adding LP filters and lowering the PIDS. Not bashing the Q450 - I love this frame for its durability - just that I need to respect how it affects the FC board it carries on its back.
Yes props balanced, CG's perfect, and all sensors calibrated.

So basically what you're saying is, that i should try to turn down the PID settings a bit and see without props at the desk if it behaves any better and if yes try it outside?

I'll do that. Thanks!

Regards,
Martin
ParamiLL is offline Find More Posts by ParamiLL
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Askvoll
Joined Aug 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Has anyone tried to programm "failsafe" in the tx/rx with RTH function on? So that the Copter is RTH activated when loss of signal?
Anyone tried?
Bigmic is offline Find More Posts by Bigmic
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:40 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamiLL View Post
Yes props balanced, CG's perfect, and all sensors calibrated.

So basically what you're saying is, that i should try to turn down the PID settings a bit and see without props at the desk if it behaves any better and if yes try it outside?

I'll do that. Thanks!

Regards,
Martin
Set lpf filter for ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro 42Hz. This will eliminate vibration sensitivity for gyro.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:42 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Anyone tried?
With multiwii there is no RTH when loss of signal.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
927 Posts
An Analogy

It came to me last night that with these control boards (both this KK2 and the MultiWiiPro) you get a cute little frog out of the box that works just fine. It seems that everyone wants to make a lizard out of it. But one slip up and that cute little lizard turns into an alligator and bites you in the ass!

I have managed to get myself so confused trying to flash the KK2s and reprogram the MultiWiiPros that I am having to take a break before I cook the alligator for dinner.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
stupid question, if the MultiWii receives power via the bec, is it ok for him to connect to usb?
bas1975 is offline Find More Posts by bas1975
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:18 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength View Post
What error message do you get when opening:

"MultiWii_dev_r1240/MultiWii/MultiWii.ino" ?

yes it wont open ..so i cant get to config.h..
I mean is there an error message when it opens? What is the text of the error?
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas1975 View Post
stupid question, if the MultiWii receives power via the bec, is it ok for him to connect to usb?
Yes.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member