Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
good idea
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
79 Posts
I think most people are dealing with the unbalanced weight by going to a larger battery. That's what I did. I'm running Hyperion 1100mah batteries which work quite nicely.
Moving the ESC to the top like that would solve the other issue I had to deal with though. The wires coming from the motor are precariously close to the main gear because of the location of the ESC. I had to tie wrap the wires toward the front a bit to ensure they don't touch and get torn up.
Even though my UFLYs is balanced, I was noticing a great deal of wobble when rotating quickly(very unstable). After scratching my head for quite a while, I took a closer look at the head and noticed the the flybar paddles were level, only every other rotation. Meaning you can level the perfectly then rotate the blades 180 degrees until the paddles are facing the opposite direction and then they were no longer level. I thought it was one of the links on the BH causing this and after adjusting and playing with it for a while, I got it looking better then went outside to test it and a storm rolled in quick just while I had the heli high up and I crashed as I was trying to get it to the ground. So I have yet to really test my theory.
tkerins is offline Find More Posts by tkerins
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
hooo my.... me and my luck i have now a striped alen bolt.... the one that hold the little ring on the main shaft...... new man shaft order

is it hard to remove the man shaft to change this part????
math_rc is offline Find More Posts by math_rc
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Oct 2011
35 Posts
Thanks for the tip math_rc. Moving the ESC worked great for me because I use stock batteries. Balanced the heli really well without adding weights.
ZTECH is offline Find More Posts by ZTECH
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Oct 2011
35 Posts
For a long time, I thought that my UFLYS was the worst flying heli in my hanger. I almost gave up on flying it other than basic hovering. After tweaking, practice, crash repairs, then more practice, I realize that the UFLYS is actually the best outdoor heli I own compared to my V120D01 and V370D01. The UFLYS can handle the wind well and is very fast. It was definitely a long road but I understand why so many people like the UFLYS. The UFLYS has improved my flying skills and I am now doing some FFF with it. I had a blast flying it today..
ZTECH is offline Find More Posts by ZTECH
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
I also flew the Uflys this morning. Yesterday morning I flew both V400d and Uflys. I think these heli are the best ones I have for the relatively small parks by my house. I flew the ufly for 9min s and had 7.55 volts left.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,453 Posts
I'm thinking of converting my fbl uflys to a Hdx300 frame and belt drive tail.I converted my Hm1a to the Hdx frame and a 450 tail box and it is an awesome flyer!The Hdx uses a 3mm main shaft and the hm1a tail bolts right on,the only thing I didn't like about my ufly was the weak twisty frame limits performance .Check YouTube( Stevekauai, frankenheli) to see the maiden flight of my converted Hm1a.The Hdx frame is from Cnchelicopter $29, tail boom, belt, maingear are Hm1a,tail box trex450 clone $10, or stock box.The frame is very stout and is a 300 size so canopy fits good.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I'm thinking of converting my fbl uflys to a Hdx300 frame and belt drive tail.I converted my Hm1a to the Hdx frame and a 450 tail box and it is an awesome flyer!The Hdx uses a 3mm main shaft and the hm1a tail bolts right on,the only thing I didn't like about my ufly was the weak twisty frame limits performance .Check YouTube( Stevekauai, frankenheli) to see the maiden flight of my converted Hm1a.The Hdx frame is from Cnchelicopter $29, tail boom, belt, maingear are Hm1a,tail box trex450 clone $10, or stock box.The frame is very stout and is a 300 size so canopy fits good.
Steve
I'll be waiting to hear results
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:24 AM View Post
vincent722
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while vincent722 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:20 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,453 Posts
Aren't all those motor tail?Im past that stage,.
Steve
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
UFLY ESC issue

Hello everyone,

Please help me.
I have had a problem with the UFLY ESC that won't spin the motor. It seems like it wants to spin and the motor spin in a star-stop motion but won't spin.
I found a used UFLY on ebay and bought it, hoped I could swap out the part and figure out what component cause this problem. But the UFLY I bought had the same issue.
Please anyone has the same problem and know which component causing the problem and know how to fix it. Great appreciate your help.

Thank you
anhdan1914 is offline Find More Posts by anhdan1914
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:23 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,453 Posts
Try a different motor first, and the esc is different between the ufly and the uflys model and aren't interchangeable.The Hobbymate 20a esc will work if you need a replacement.
Steve
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:01 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhdan1914 View Post
Hello everyone,

Please help me.
I have had a problem with the UFLY ESC that won't spin the motor. It seems like it wants to spin and the motor spin in a star-stop motion but won't spin.
I found a used UFLY on ebay and bought it, hoped I could swap out the part and figure out what component cause this problem. But the UFLY I bought had the same issue.
Please anyone has the same problem and know which component causing the problem and know how to fix it. Great appreciate your help.

Thank you
Check the solder joints on the wires to the ESC/motor, sounds like 1 of the 3 motor wires has a bad connection.
Also check the gear mesh between the pinion and main gear, confirm that you can turn the rotor easily by hand with no binding.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:56 PM
Utah
Joined Sep 2009
499 Posts
Just a quick note to say I picked up another UFLY and I'm putting the bell-hiller mod on it as well as the nice blade grips.

Pictures and maybe a vid to follow!

If my 11mth old lets me have some play time, that is!

Ciao
Stenz28 is offline Find More Posts by Stenz28
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
I'd love to be able just to find one period, gone every site I check.
Archienj7 is offline Find More Posts by Archienj7