HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:07 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1 Posts
Discussion
Blade MCX trim settings

Hello,

I'm another newbie to this and just bought a MCX and have a couple of questions. I've read the manual, but was wondering if there is any way to reset the trim settings back to the default? Also is there any way to tell how far one way you have them set other than just keeping track of how many times you clicked? Any info on how to trim this would be helpful. It seems to be drifting all over the place. What is the button above the on-off switch on the transmitter for?

Thanks for your help,
Lori
lpurt is offline Find More Posts by lpurt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
Kingsport TN
Joined Dec 2008
420 Posts
Im a newbie too, there is no way to reset the trim back to default, mine got all out of whack because i kept pushing the trim buttons wonderin what they do...duh. The best thing to do is turn on your controller (ie radio) and adjust each trim button back to center and go from there. when you push each trim button, the tone will change until you find the center, it will go from lower sounding pitch to a higher sounding pitch, and when you hit center you will pretty much know by sound. Thats the best advice i can give you, there is no reset unfortunately. Im not sure about the button, i dont think it serves a purpose. You can press down on the right controller stick and the power button will flash which will make the heli easier to control, kinda slows down the left, right, up down movement.
Rjennings is offline Find More Posts by Rjennings
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
remove the battery's..that will reset it.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
Washington State
Joined Dec 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpurt
Hello,

I'm another newbie to this and just bought a MCX and have a couple of questions. I've read the manual, but was wondering if there is any way to reset the trim settings back to the default? Also is there any way to tell how far one way you have them set other than just keeping track of how many times you clicked? Any info on how to trim this would be helpful. It seems to be drifting all over the place. What is the button above the on-off switch on the transmitter for?

Thanks for your help,
Lori
I am also a newbie. I did read in the manual and here at rcgroups that the heli must be set down immediately after connecting the battery. "If you do move the helicopter while the 5-in-1 is initializing, disconnect the flight battery from the 5-in-1 unit and repeat the initialization process."

I found that this was the problem for me. It would seem as though the required trim would change for every flight. Since I started to connect the battery with the mCX sitting flat on a table it has not been an issue.

Good luck!
sparky22 is offline Find More Posts by sparky22
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Trim

Hey! I've had mine for a couple weeks and love it and have been wondering about the trim.

Firstly, the 'mode' button, above the on/off button is Mode Type. Mode 2 is the most commonly used in the US vs Mode 1 which is used in the UK/overseas. The difference is that the elevator and throttle functions are switched between your control sticks. It's not recommended to change this, because once you get used to one mode, then it is difficult to pick up the other mode type. Essentially, you'll have to relearn. I find Mode 2 (default) to be more innate and natural to controlling the heli.

Now, for the main question. The trim settings, as described and as you know, can be heard by the beeps. There are 20 ticks left and 20 ticks right (same goes for up and down). When you get to the middle (default) you will hear an elongated (a full second beep vs. quick beep). This let's you know that your trim is set to the middle.

Before connecting your 5-in-1, turn on your radio controller and set your trim to the middle be listening for the long beep on each. Then, making sure your heli is completely level so that the gyro can calibrate correctly, connect your battery. Be sure your radio controller is still/already turned on before you connect your batter for the binding process to successfully initiate.

Good luck!
lucasaloysius is offline Find More Posts by lucasaloysius