HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
Discussion
Dick Dastardly

Thought i would share a video of my own design. Dick Dastardly plane still trying to stop the pigeon, NOW. She flies awful, but is a bit of fun.
Kevin.

Dick Dastardly (1 min 19 sec)
kevvy is offline Find More Posts by kevvy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:56 AM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,330 Posts
Doesn't seem to fly too bad... that said, I suppose I would have given it somewhat larger wingspan & chord just to make flying easier, but well done.
failboat is online now Find More Posts by failboat
Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat View Post
Doesn't seem to fly too bad... that said, I suppose I would have given it somewhat larger wingspan & chord just to make flying easier, but well done.
I did make the wings with a larger cord, but decided to make it more narrow so it looks ridiculous just like the cartoon plane. Its a bit of fun and a friend is making the mutley one.
Kevin .
kevvy is offline Find More Posts by kevvy
Last edited by kevvy; Nov 26, 2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:11 AM
No retreat no surrender
USA, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Apr 1999
660 Posts
Well done!

Jim
newguy is offline Find More Posts by newguy
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Flying Models for 51 Years!
Georgia, United States
Joined Oct 2002
819 Posts
Kevvy It does appear to fly very well! But we are not at the Control Sticks! A Good Pilot can Fly just about anything If you will remove the Anhedral in the Bottom Wing and give it the same amount of Dihedral as the top Wing then it should be a Blast to Fly The Anhedral in the Bottom Wing will cause it to be very unstable! The Fix may be as simple as just shorting both Wing Struts the same amount
You did a very nice job building it and the Detailing is Great! And... your Flying ability shows off in the video When you get the Bottom Wing fixed we all will be expecting Plans

Bobby
Sixter is offline Find More Posts by Sixter
Last edited by Sixter; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.