SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:59 PM
Joined Oct 2014
10 Posts
Discussion
1S Brushless conversion

What is the overall feedback on converting 1S brushed HH micros to the Nano CPX brushless setup?
Ftsdeploy is offline Find More Posts by Ftsdeploy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:16 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftsdeploy View Post
What is the overall feedback on converting 1S brushed HH micros to the Nano CPX brushless setup?
If you want to spend $150 on a brushless 1S airplane then buy a $124 brushless 2S airplane.
Audioguru is online now Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:18 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftsdeploy View Post
If you want to spend $150 on a brushless 1S airplane then buy a $125 brushless 2S airplane.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:19 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
632 Posts
I deleted a double-post.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 01:07 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
no you didn't. i still see 2 (albeit $125 vs $124).

fwiw, my nano works great with its brushless upgrade.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Nov 20, 2014, 02:40 PM
Joined Jul 2006
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru View Post
If you want to spend $150 on a brushless 1S airplane then buy a $124 brushless 2S airplane.
Some planes cannot buy brushless and some have much more weight with 2s brushless (57g for the Sport Cub or 90g for the CC Cub with the same airframe make a huge difference in flight properties.)

The plane bricks have also a different polarity than the Nano CPX brick and need reverse the throttle channel with the consequence of a wrong motor failsafe settings which is not recommend.
The motor (BLH3327) with another ESC is the best solution, add no weight to the plane and produce 20% more thrust.
For the Nano Heli this set is a must have
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Nov 20, 2014, 05:05 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
why would you need to reverse the throttle channel? just swap any of the two wires of the motor and it will spin the other way.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 06:58 PM
Joined Jul 2006
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
why would you need to reverse the throttle channel? just swap any of the two wires of the motor and it will spin the other way.
Reversing the throttle channel change not the spin direction.
It make only No-Throttle from Full-Trottle and vice versa and this is what is needed.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:17 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
ok, my bad. are you saying that if the nano brushless upgrade is used with a PZ micro brick, the ESC will not arm the motor it considers zero throttle to be full throttle?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:09 PM
Joined Jul 2006
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
ok, my bad. are you saying that if the nano brushless upgrade is used with a PZ micro brick, the ESC will not arm the motor it considers zero throttle to be full throttle?
For the ESC is the zero throttle signal from the brick full throttle and full throttle from the brick is zero throttle for the ESC.
Reversing the throttle channel make this normal working. And yes the motor arm not because of the safety feature of the spectrum system that the throttle channel must be zero before the motor arm.
But this is not a big problem. Simply give short full throttle at the beginning which is zero throttle for the brick and then come the ready beep and the motor is arm.
The bigger problem is the wrong failsafe position of zero throttle from the brick which make full throttle for the motor if you fly out of range or if you hit the low voltage cut (LVC) which make the throttle channel zero. Zero throttle channel is full throttle for the motor and there is no way after that to stop the motor and because of the quickly dropping voltage you loose also the rx link and have a free flight airplane with motor on until the battery die completly.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:05 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
interesting. thanks. yeah, i guess different ESC as you wrote earlier, is the way to go.