SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:26 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Discussion
Moving AND Modelling............

The serious part of moving has started. I'll post a few model-related pictures as I progress through the painful process of changing abode........ A lot of 'excess stuff is being moved to a temporary container and thought I show some model stuff fitting snuggly before being screened off by more stuff. The container is NOT for transport - I'll unload it after we have moved. Sadly the modelling stuff will be among the last item to be retrieved. The MS-AI is now in company with the Fokker DVII hanging from the roof, and surrounded by disassembled Potez, He111 SPAD etc. Its not until moving like this that one realises just how much 'stuff' this hobbly can accumulate! I've only moved once since staring RC models and there seems to be MUCH more support equipment, parts, materials etc - I hope all destined for a bigger proper workshop!

Well, back to packing and cleaning....

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Apr 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:39 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,868 Posts
I like the box 'crunchy chum'. Going fishing are we?
Neatly packed, good luck finding anything on the other side!
Glenn
glewis is online now Find More Posts by glewis
Old Mar 08, 2013, 03:01 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,525 Posts
Good luck! I moved all my 20 years worth of modelling goodies from Manitoba to Nova Scotia. That's about 2900 miles. Used a big honking Uhaul for all our stuff.
baldguy is online now Find More Posts by baldguy
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:58 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glewis View Post
I like the box 'crunchy chum'. Going fishing are we?
Glenn
If memory serves from my time in New Zealand, I believe "Chum" is a brand of dog food.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:52 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Sorry to disappoint guys but the Chum (dog food) box only contains nothing more interesting than a plastic Christmas tree

Pat (sigh - Xmas seems so far away.........................)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A Small Diversion From Annie
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:48 AM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,247 Posts
I hope the weather holds off until you've got it done, since you antipodal types are going into fall, and things could get dicey.

As for "Chum," the word is used to mean bait on fishing boats. Hmmmm... Maybe it's the same stuff!
GeoffinIN is online now Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:04 PM
Power Upward
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Jun 2007
1,350 Posts
Pat,

I hope all is going well during your move. How does the new work shop look???

George
GeorgeG97322 is online now Find More Posts by GeorgeG97322
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:20 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
Good luck with it all Pat.

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Mar 31, 2013, 05:02 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
What happened to Maltone?

I have decided that hiding behind a now-irrelevant nom-de-plume is a bit silly and have changed my posting name to my real name The 'Maltone' was actually the house name I started rc modelling in. As I'm now moving to another city, it seemed an appropriate time for a change! I hope it doesn't cause confusion.
I'd been honoured by the phrase "doing a Maltone" before and when I get back into the workshop (when I GET a workshop) maybe I can do another "Maltone"

The new house (old house) has been decided, contracts exchanged and now a few weeks waiting......and packing......and cleaning......and planning the new abode and workshop.

Cheers - Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2013, 05:35 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
A post just to keep me on the radar........

I have kept out two models to keep my stick time up while storing stuff away prior to the big move. My favourite is Peter Rake's Great Lakes Trainer and my VERY battered and crudely repaired E-Flite Funtana. The GLT is a beautiful model to fly! Barrelly rolls, loops, stall turns, Cuban eights etc (although slowly) and I finally got landing down 'pat'. I put the dual-rates switch to give me lots of up elevator and max rudder control on full rates, and switch to that on final. She steers well on the grass and keeps her tail down with some up elevator.
The Funtana suffered an orientation error and had a hard landing about 200 metres away - some fixing to do without a workshop. (the Funtana is based on a scale aircraft......)
The house picture is definitely off-topic but shows an extremely solid all-brick 1950's bungalow in a very quiet street and a flyable park about 1 minutes walk away - small model only. I might have to do another little build for Peter Rake

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2013, 02:41 PM
Power Upward
Joined Jun 2007
1,350 Posts
Pat, I love that entrance and driveway. How big is that little bungalow? Very nice looking from the front.

George
Old Apr 01, 2013, 04:20 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Thanks George - the house is about 140-150 sq metres - 3 1/2 bedrooms and a huge north (toward the sun) facing living room with french doors onto a rear terrace facing a huge lawn. Plenty of room there for a new workshop extension to the garages. Cant wait
Unfortunately, there will be a lot of house and garden work to do but I'll sneak in some model building facilities in my 'spare' time

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Taking a break from house packing.....

Took a day off packing up house to attend a Scale Rally at a local region club. Since the Great Lakes Trainer was the only scale model I have available, it was my entry. Against some stiff competition, it got a second place trophy and a $25 git voucher from the LHS - handy
Some more-interesting-than-usual scale subjects were in attendance - an Antoinette, Blackburn monoplane and a DH2 - one of which got First place but I cant remember which
Just to keep my hand in, I'm building a very old Billings Viking boat kit. It is about as complicated as it could be given its size! But it is keeping the glue bottle running......

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2013, 01:11 AM
Power Upward
Joined Jun 2007
1,350 Posts
Nicely done Pat. Very good.

I attended my clubs (free flight) indoor contest today, alas only to help time and generally get in the way. (most of my indoor plans are in need of repair.) One person brought in a recently finished F1D. (55cm wing span at a whopping 1.2 grams, variable pitch prop the whole nine yards).

George
Old Apr 14, 2013, 04:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
Congrats Pat.

Looks like a fun day.

Cheers,

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV