HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:57 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL View Post
Here is that previous video that can be viewed in its original 2.7k form. Again, this is the result with freshly crashed props and they aren't balanced well either since I broke my balancer and am waiting for a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfR21QkLGs
OMG.. that really is 2.7k still looks great.. but google must be horrified by the prospect of gazillions of 2.7k video uploads of ducks in the park. it truly is amazing the technology we have available today and what we use this technology for. (I can see uploads named "Baby spit food #193" 2.7k @ gigabyte per minute upload)

For work I used to shoot a SD resolution $20.000 broadcast BetaCam SP soo many years ago, we probably would have killed for a box the size of a matchbox with 720p let alone 1080 and 2.7k
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:57 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Man, that carbon looks like it was cut with a dull spoon...
I tried cutting some CF plates dry without coolant on my mill and mine turned out better then that. I still like Bo's design and am waiting for some nicer weather and parts to put together a Servo on top of Servo gimble.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
Anyone know the max charge rate of the stock 3s batteries? Sorry if the answers already posted.
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Our tutorial vid for hooking up the PhantoMount X2 is no uploaded.
We will be offering an F450 top plate and tall CF LG so customers will be able to use the PhantoMount on there F450.
Next will be the F550.

Rc-Drones PhantoMount X2 Carbon Fiber 2-Axis Camera Ginbal mounting and connection Tutorial Video (4 min 14 sec)
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:08 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Blisters View Post
Anyone know the max charge rate of the stock 3s batteries? Sorry if the answers already posted.
They are 2200 mAh batteries and are rated at 20C so.........
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:14 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
OMG.. that really is 2.7k still looks great.. but google must be horrified by the prospect of gazillions of 2.7k video uploads of ducks in the park. it truly is amazing the technology we have available today and what we use this technology for. (I can see uploads named "Baby spit food #193" 2.7k @ gigabyte per minute upload)

For work I used to shoot a SD resolution $20.000 broadcast BetaCam SP soo many years ago, we probably would have killed for a box the size of a matchbox with 720p let alone 1080 and 2.7k
I'm right with you, Bo. I used to lug the BetaCam SP, tripod, brick batteries everywhere. It was some real work! Now everything is so small, light, fast, and cheap! Good times!
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
107 Posts
Great gimbals guys.

I fitted a Futaba T8J to my phantom today. I will do a "how to" if need be

Futaba T8J Test Flight DJI Phantom (4 min 14 sec)
Wheels_UK is offline Find More Posts by Wheels_UK
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_UK View Post
Great gimbals guys.

I fitted a Futaba T8J to my phantom today. I will do a "how to" if need be

http://youtu.be/Po21zoUIdmk
Oh nice. I can't wait for the how-to. I want to eventually use another transmitter perhaps a spektrum dx8
jcmendo01 is online now Find More Posts by jcmendo01
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:33 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
I'm right with you, Bo. I used to lug the BetaCam SP, tripod, brick batteries everywhere. It was some real work! Now everything is so small, light, fast, and cheap! Good times!
LOL. so you KNOW what Im talking about. dude, months on back roads in India with BetaSP and gear, spend each night dusting and charing.. BUT having lived beyond the arctic circle, I can say factually, there is nothing like a coat full of freshly charged hot BP90's on a cold arctic winter morning.

The change in technology is simply mind-numbing, I did look at my old reel from 1" tape not too long ago, well it was digitized years ago but.. I almost cried, nice stuff, but resolution like it was shot with a webcam. consumer cameras the size of a soda can (literally) today is so incredible much better than a BetaSP was in 1990

Dude, we would have killed for a un-balanced Phantom with GoPro generation 1 back in 1989 :-)
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Feb 06, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:36 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,259 Posts
So here was test #1 of simple rework of the stock mount with some grommets in the mount holes and Align PU Gel between the frame and mount.

Still have jello.

Phantom GoPro Test #1 (3 min 10 sec)

Next will be the Sorbothane test.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
I'm 28 and the fact that we have a usable 2.7k camera hanging in a crush and water proof case off a GPS enabled quad is pretty much magic in my eyes.

And it sounds like you guys have had the opportunity to shoot in some amazing places during interesting times.
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Last edited by FITandFUEL; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
I posted this a day or so ago, but never got any response. I hear everyone talking about getting rid of the jello with this or that. You don't need sorbothane....at least not for the Go Pro 2. All you need is to use a stick on Go Pro mount. Mount it far forward so you can keep your landing gear and props out of your field of view.

Instead of using the Go Pro housing, use the stock carrier that came with the DJI. Between these two, you will get jello-free recordings on a Go Pro 2 at 1080p. Not sure if the same technique would work for a Go Pro 3. Anyways, here is the video. I tried to mix in some different flying (agressive, hovering, slow rotation, etc.) Pay particular attention from 1:00-1:55 where I go for a higher altitude hover/rotation. Doesn't get easier than this guys. Save yourself some money.

[PHTM]-Episode 152 (5 min 53 sec)
cargasm is offline Find More Posts by cargasm
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:20 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,775 Posts
Do you have a photograph of how you have mounted it?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
@cargasm..... thanks for the advice... I think we have already proven that well balanced blades can result in no Jello at 1080 both in the Hero2 and 3. We are trying to eliminated Jello from 2.7k shooting, significantly higher resolution and therefore more susceptible to the Jello effect. And sorbothane maybe a pretty cheap solution.

And I use the gopro housing because I push it to far and crash a lot I'd rather have shorter flight times and keep my camera safe.
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Last edited by FITandFUEL; Feb 06, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:48 PM
Joined Sep 2011
20 Posts
http://www.fastcompany.com/3005534/t...l-photographer

http://www.fastcompany.com/
ZT_RCGP is online now Find More Posts by ZT_RCGP
Site Sponsor