HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
Joined Jun 2004
70 Posts
I'm using 8231s on ail, 9411 on rudder and 3421s on stabs. I've built two of these and the first was tough getting balanced , I put rudder servo up front and pull pull. Second one servo is in rear and way easier to balance. I'm running falcon spinner and 19x12 v2 prop as well. Key to,pattern servos I think is centering. There are some very good centering coreless servos on the market. Spend what you can afford. Oh and I'm running a spin 99 esc.
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2005
39 Posts
Really can't top those comments comments directed at me.
kdunlap is offline Find More Posts by kdunlap
Last edited by kdunlap; Yesterday at 10:53 PM. Reason: Deleted as the guy sending the arrows wasn't worth the response.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
B@@mer, you and I are on the same page. For the last 5+ years I have used only the Jr 8231s, 9411sa's, 3241sa's and 8411sa's. You are exactly correct, centering is KING! Also I use Jeti Spin 77s and 99s. They are hard to beat for the money. Again, I believe you should get the best digital/coreless servos you can afford.
TN Walker is online now Find More Posts by TN Walker
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
kdunlap, I believe you took my comment out of context. I tried to give you some advice related to setting up control horns and servo arms in another thread here on RC Groups. Anyway, my intent was not to get you upset......Just to help with clarity. You are always welcome.......
TN Walker is online now Find More Posts by TN Walker
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Joined Jun 2004
70 Posts
A friend is building a 2m mythos and using those futaba servos , he's a Futaba guy they will work fine. In the pattern world centering is king torque comes second. I think this what we are trying pass on that's all. Build it with rudder servo in rear though. It will ease the balance issue.
B@@mer is offline Find More Posts by B@@mer