HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdan View Post
I'm confused by this. On the original Mystique, when in Cruise mode, the flaps are even with the ailerons and therefore have vary limited up movement. The only way to get 20-40% up on the flaps as I see it, is if the flaps are in a downward position.

If that is the case, is it normal to have down flaps in Cruise.
What am I missing ??
No, you misunderstood. In cruise mode the flaps are working as ailerons also, going up and down along with the ailerons.

And in real figures "20-40%" of aileron movement means that the flaps are only moving +/- 10mm: which isn't hard to achieve.
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
moreno valley california
Joined Jun 2008
308 Posts
the way the flaps are hinged on the mystique they cannot move up, only down. you can set camber, but you cannot run full span ailerons.
koppterX is offline Find More Posts by koppterX
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
the way the flaps are hinged on the mystique they cannot move up, only down. you can set camber, but you cannot run full span ailerons.
uh, yeah you can.... and here's the video...

Flight modes on my E-Flite Mystique (1 min 2 sec)

**works better if you watch the video full screen in HD 1080p and turn your volume up so you can hear my DX18 announcing different flight modes**

ok, i forgot to reset camber to neutral when i shot the video so it looks like the flaps are drooped on purpose ever so slightly to allow upward movement. not the case. also keep in mind that i have a fair amount of positive right aileron trim dialed in due to a warped wing that I haven't got around to fixing yet, so ignore the gap between the right flap and aileron. look at the wing root and you will see that the flaps are moving up and down. at the very end of the video you can see i return the trailing edge to 'neutral', the flaps are level with the wing root molded in the fuselage. and the flaps are still able to move adequately up and down

they do not need to move much to achieve the desired result.
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
Last edited by timography; Today at 04:12 AM. Reason: added video...
Old Today, 08:44 AM
Aka: Ralph
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2012
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timography View Post
No, you misunderstood. In cruise mode the flaps are working as ailerons also, going up and down along with the ailerons.

And in real figures "20-40%" of aileron movement means that the flaps are only moving +/- 10mm: which isn't hard to achieve.
That makes sense.
That was a fantastic video timography.

timograghy
I was checking the rear stabilizer. Are you running 64mm from the middle of the stab LE edge to the bottom of the fuselage as it looks like the center of the stab is aligned with the raised edge of the fuselage.
dangerdan is offline Find More Posts by dangerdan
Last edited by dangerdan; Today at 04:05 PM.