SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:29 PM
Joined Dec 2005
681 Posts
Discussion
FPV camera from rear view park assist cam?

For a FPV system I'd like to use a camera I have from rear view parking assist kit I never mounted. The camera outputs very nice video, but the picture is inverted (as looking in the mirror). I am sure there should be a way to mod the camera to output the image normally (perhaps by soldering a jumper, or removing a trace). Enclosed here are few close views of the camera's board.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks,
Nick
nikivan is offline Find More Posts by nikivan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 03:27 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,856 Posts
Most time is in the programming. So you may be out of luck for that one unless you use a mirror.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:55 PM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,970 Posts
id have to wonder how many TVL it is too. some of them are pretty nice now adays, many of them are really low res. ditto martin, programming
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:11 AM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
How many output pin u have with ur cam? If it got four, then it will be ground,B+,video out & mirror.
I also using parking cam.
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
I had a mirror cam on my plane\car when flying FPV

It`s pretty easy to use, instead of reversing the cam (that mostly is impossible) I did reverse the controls on the radio

So flying FPV mirrored was no big deal..
Flying LOS impossible :P
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow