HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:26 PM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
404 Posts
dweeb:

The spinners are hard to get. Troy built says they paid for an order over two years ago and haven't gotten it. I ended up getting one from Australia, guy's website is: http://www.tag-model-spinners.com/ma...-spinners.html

I got a two blader for my Jim Pepino P-39. He did the cannon, too, which is removable for AMA sanctioned events. They mount a little differently than what you're used to, so you'll have to plan ahead. I found that mine wobbled a little bit, some grinding on the back of the mounting pad cured that. It was $180 including the shipping.
Bob Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Bob Hunt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 09:19 AM
Dweebster
United States, MA, Charlton
Joined Sep 2008
701 Posts
Thanks for the info Bob. That spinner looks good. I think I might be placing an order from that site.
I haven't called Troybuilt yet, but I would hope if after 2 years they can't get the order shipment that they would at least remove them from their site.

Previously, I think my spinner was a topflite Mustang spinner. It was "good enough", but I'd like to get something more accurate.

Nice detail on your kit build.
dweeb7944 is offline Find More Posts by dweeb7944
Old Oct 29, 2014, 09:32 AM
Mustang Fever
Joined Jan 2005
404 Posts
Yeah, he's slow, but he's good. I think it took him about 60 days from the time I ordered it. He also painted it for me at no extra charge.

I built mine from Jim Pepino's plans-all my parts were cut on a bandsaw. I'm pretty sure the ESM version was done from those plans, as all the dimensions are the same.
Bob Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Bob Hunt
Old Oct 30, 2014, 05:10 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
731 Posts
I can second the quality of the spinners from Tag Models. I put a pair of them on my CMP Mosquito, and they are very good! He did mine in about 15 days and they do fit a little different than normal, so you need to make sure to follow his requests for dimensions of prop etc.
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:38 PM
Dweebster
United States, MA, Charlton
Joined Sep 2008
701 Posts
Started on the wing

Covering removed from bottom of wing for repairs.
dweeb7944 is offline Find More Posts by dweeb7944