HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2014, 04:32 PM
autogyro andy
South UK
Joined Feb 2007
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovett View Post
Well I bought the G2 as I fancied a change and so far all is good. It flew very well out of the box. I did break a blade on flight 3, I landed it fine, but before I had spun down the rotors, a gust of wind blew it sideways and a rotor hit the ground and broke.

HK's Eure warehouse got me some new blades in under 4 days to the UK, so it's all good again. Even better couple of guys at my club have had them, trashed them and offered me all their bits for spares, it must be my lucky day.

I'm finding it slightly different to fly compared to fix wing, much more heli and quad like, but great fun. Another few flights today in 5-10 MH winds went fine and I even got the hang of side slipping on approaches and almost vertical landings. Stall turns are great fun and next time I might take it high and try rolls and loops, any tips for this?

As a newby to my local club, I felt very honoured being told I was a very good pilot, by the club examiner after he had watch me perform a flight on it, as aparentally the other guys had all turned theirs into kits again!!

Good flying to you all.

d
Hi d

Well done with your first few steps of autogyro flying.

You will have to attend Winterton in 2015, no turning back.

All makes, sizes, and designs, of autogyro are welcome.

PS bring some beer for those long evening talks we have.

Andy
HandyAndy is offline Find More Posts by HandyAndy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:29 PM
south germany
Joined May 2009
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovett View Post
Well I bought the G2 as I fancied a change and so far all is good. It flew very well out of the box. I did break a blade on flight 3, I landed it fine, but before I had spun down the rotors, a gust of wind blew it sideways and a rotor hit the ground and broke.

HK's Eure warehouse got me some new blades in under 4 days to the UK, so it's all good again. Even better couple of guys at my club have had them, trashed them and offered me all their bits for spares, it must be my lucky day.

I'm finding it slightly different to fly compared to fix wing, much more heli and quad like, but great fun. Another few flights today in 5-10 MH winds went fine and I even got the hang of side slipping on approaches and almost vertical landings. Stall turns are great fun and next time I might take it high and try rolls and loops, any tips for this?

As a newby to my local club, I felt very honoured being told I was a very good pilot, by the club examiner after he had watch me perform a flight on it, as aparentally the other guys had all turned theirs into kits again!!

Good flying to you all.

d
Loops are quite easy - fly it like a fixed wing.
Rolls are different: fly them as barrel-rolls, only to the left. Start with a decent climb - full throttle is necessary.Good luck and much fun
Rainer
rainerm is offline Find More Posts by rainerm