HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:25 PM
cornwall
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
Help!
first scale build need help

hi everyone. i need help again

im putting my trex 600 into a scale body with retracts.
im using a spektrum dx6i and a ar7000 rx.
spartan quark gyro
the thing a want to ask is very silly really.
can i run it all ie gyro and retracts.just when i plug the retracts to the gear channel its seem's to lower the pitch ie all 3servos move to a lower poison.and the retracts work on the gyro switch on th tx..

im getting really confused so can someone put me right please .....

thank u
ian
ian.c is offline Find More Posts by ian.c
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
I am guessing you have the gear switch setup for normal / idle-up correct? if you are gonna use the gear switch for actual gear, then you will need to not use it for idle-up.
minbari is offline Find More Posts by minbari
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.c View Post
hi everyone. i need help again

im putting my trex 600 into a scale body with retracts.
im using a spektrum dx6i and a ar7000 rx.
spartan quark gyro
the thing a want to ask is very silly really.
can i run it all ie gyro and retracts.just when i plug the retracts to the gear channel its seem's to lower the pitch ie all 3servos move to a lower poison.and the retracts work on the gyro switch on th tx..

im getting really confused so can someone put me right please .....

thank u
ian
You're post is a little hard to follow but I think you're asking why your cyclic servos lower the pitch when you plug the retract servo into the gear channel. Is that right?

If so, I think it's because of a limitation of your radio gear. The DX6i is only a 6-channel radio and all of those channels are currently in use. You have your three cyclic servos, rudder, ESC/throttle, and gyro gain (if that gyro supports that function). You'd have to unplug the gyro gain from the gear channel - I'm a Futaba guy so I know it as Channel 5 - to use the retract function.

The other thing that strikes me as possible is a possible conflict with the throttle hold function. Do you have any sort of custom mixes set up for this model, outside of the CCPM?
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
Also

If you use a 6 channel radio. You will ned to set the gyro via the gyro trim pot as you need to use the gyro switch on the radio for your retracts.

Fusuno Airwolf 450 Scale Build Guide Pt 2 (8 min 7 sec)

Hope this helps
Imzzaudae is offline Find More Posts by Imzzaudae
Last edited by Imzzaudae; Aug 06, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
yea you ether have to use a gyro with a pot or youll need a 7 channel radio

or give up the retracts
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000