HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:42 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekesh View Post
Guys, I want to ask if any one of you who ordered the 9xr from the first batch using the international parcel to the united states had a problem. Because when I checked the tracking info it tells me the package arrived at the aurora, il post office(where I live) on the 8th but I still haven't recieved it yet.
I know mine required signature. If postal worker tried to deliver and didn't leave pickup slip it may be sitting at local post office. I would definitely make a call.
TechJunkieRC is offline Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:06 PM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Yes, If you remove the blob it may not work. Im not sure if the pin is connected to the ground plane on the other side. I think it is a single sided PCB though, so it wouldnt be connected on the bottom side anyway.

The solder blob is obviously a repair from when he trimmed the board. It looks like he disconnected the ground plane that runs to the upper portion of the board when he cut it, so he placed the blob to reconnect it.
Ok got the module working. Thx for the help kkusa. Glad I asked 1st before grinding off that solder blob, lol.

Heres a word of warning for anyone who uses the in flight auto trim switch. Once you activate the trim switch you have to immediately release the sticks back to neutral. Forgetting to release the stick is like giving the plane twice as much trim input.

Glad I tested it out on the ground 1st
Masterofbizaster is offline Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:03 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
I know mine required signature. If postal worker tried to deliver and didn't leave pickup slip it may be sitting at local post office. I would definitely make a call.
Ditto, I have had parcels sitting at the post office I didnt expect because of no slip.... Picked one up with slip oh there is another 2 here for you. Pay them a visit.
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:15 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Thanks. I meant since my 9x doesn't have the telemetry mod I wasn't sure if I could use this firmware.

Quote:
You do not need telemetry for timers. The timers will also continue counting in to the negative once they reach 0. Say you have a timer set for five minutes, and fly 8 min, the timer will read -3:00. So you essentially get what you want without setting an up counting timer. I think its easier this way as you can have a count down, and up basically with one timer.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Its been "black holed", and will go back the HK if you dont get to the PO and have them trace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora View Post
Ditto, I have had parcels sitting at the post office I didnt expect because of no slip.... Picked one up with slip oh there is another 2 here for you. Pay them a visit.
Well now I am scared as when I call the post office warehouse it always goes to voicemail and they don't seem to be replying to my emails either. I don't want it to be sent back to hong kong. Crap, I had a feeling that I should have shelled out the extra $10 or so bucks for the EMS and I cheaped out. Karma man.
thekesh is offline Find More Posts by thekesh
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:29 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekesh View Post
Well now I am scared as when I call the post office warehouse it always goes to voicemail and they don't seem to be replying to my emails either. I don't want it to be sent back to hong kong. Crap, I had a feeling that I should have shelled out the extra $10 or so bucks for the EMS and I cheaped out. Karma man.
You can't drive over there? Might be worth it even if it's far away.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:06 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
You can't drive over there? Might be worth it even if it's far away.
Well, now I'm gonna do that first thing in the morning. We will find out tomorow.
thekesh is offline Find More Posts by thekesh
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
The answer of the warranty department considering the cracks on the 9X-R

Guy's save your selves the the $20 to send in your 9X-R with cracks and scars .
This is the answer I received from them after returning my 9X-R to them .
TheTimeTraveler is offline Find More Posts by TheTimeTraveler
Last edited by TheTimeTraveler; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:24 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Disappointing to say the least.
Most non-china suppliers would exchange it anyway just for good PR.
I guess its a sign of the times .
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:30 AM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
470 Posts
Guys,sorry for going off topic but I thought this might help people out,
For the next hour,they are selling the OrangeRX 6ch receiver for just $3.99

Here is the link,while stocks last btw
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Sat_Port_.html

Do check it out,I came to know from the HK Facebook page

Not advertising for them,jus helping fellow flyers get cheap stuff for a cheaper price :P
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:54 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Yeah got 5 of em when it was showing +10 stock and they're now on BK

Edit:
They sold em off because they were substituting them with the 'upgraded' 615 model
The change from the 610 model to the 615 model is they have added the second antenna.
I have done this mod on my other 610 receivers using the FrSky Receiver antenna.
Its not hard if you are handy with a soldering iron because the 610 model already has the two antenna outputs on the board
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Last edited by tignmeg; Jan 18, 2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:05 AM
United Kingdom and the USA
Joined Feb 2012
20 Posts
I received mine today but the module dos'nt fit properly and the exit button sticks!

Crap quality conpared to my 9x.

Very dissapointed.

Are they all crap like this?
RCUK is online now Find More Posts by RCUK
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:19 AM
gold coast
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
I received mine today but the module dos'nt fit properly and the exit button sticks!

Crap quality conpared to my 9x.

Very dissapointed.

Are they all crap like this?
Mines fine, works great.. No problems at all apart from the beer holder not been released yet..
fantomphish is offline Find More Posts by fantomphish
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:25 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Guy's save your selves the the $20 to send in your 9X-R with cracks and scars .

Was it REALLY cracked (= pieces apart) and scarred (= cut scratches from mishandling) or was it those "knit marks" from injection molding process discussed here which are really not cracks?

The reason might be they are all the same and replacing would not make you any happier. Like some expert stated they will get rid of the marks by fine tuning the molding process in the future.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:47 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,297 Posts
Yes, I would have to agree with HobbyKing in this particular case.
On my TX, these marks are really a very minor cosmetic issue. As I wrote earlier, I work in the QA department of a large automotive supplier, and have seen quite a few plastic parts. These marks are definitely no structural problem.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez