HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:48 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
My new SEFF Cruiser.

Figured what the heck, why dont I need a 78 Dodge Sportsman Motorhome! This thing just emits "classy" from every orifice. When coupled with my super sweet 16x8 trailer, folks will think Im a millionaire driving down the road... or the clampets go to SEFF.

See ya'll at Hodges!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Last edited by lmopar69; Mar 31, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:45 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Figured what the heck, why dont I need a 78 Dodge Sportsman Motorhome! This thing just emits "classy" from every orifice. When coupled with my super sweet 16x8 trailer, folks will think Im a millionaire driving down the road... or the clampets go to SEFF.

See ya'll at Hodges!

Laine.
Ok... I'd about give 2 to 1 odds the wife ain't agreein. If this isn't a pull out from the Duck Dynasty show, I don't know what is. "Honey, we got any of them fried frog legs left? My stomach is feelin thinner then a Wall Street Brokers pocketbook durin a Congressional Investigation." Or like my says when I tell her it'll be better then a hotel, "Yea, right!"

You kill me with your antics..

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:44 AM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
that is one groovilicious automobile. did it come with a mirror ball and 8-track player?

you should paint an "H" on it so it says "COBRAH."

or better yet take that same paint and change the C to a G, and paint in a hyphen so it says "GO-BRAH" because thats what you'll be saying when youre hauling a trailer with that thing.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:57 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL. Awe come on guys! This thing is a beast! And chicks dig it!

I plugged in the power last night and blew a breaker in the house instantly. Ha! No worries, I got the 12v system working though and the water and stove top work. Now I gotta check the heater, water heater and then get the 110v stuff up and running.

Tonight its carb rebuild night, then time to take it for a little spin and see what mechanical stuff has issues.

This thing is a hoot.

Laine.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:31 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Now that looks great. Now you have to hook up the trailer and get a photo of the whole rig so that we can make sure we know who it is.

You got some sweet vehicles. Had an old Dodge van about that year, was a treat to drive. Full size van and it rode sweet for an old vehicle. Me and my dog spent a couple of nights in it traveling from Cincinnati to Avon Lake Ohio after my father passed on. We were moving stuff, so I took my dog with me.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:05 AM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,937 Posts
Nice!! But seriously I do have some 8 tracks. You're into the Carpenters, right?
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:22 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, my folks still have about 150 8 tracks. Elvis, John Denver, Roots, Saturday Night Fever... the whole she-bang. I used to listen to a ton of those things.

Laine.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:32 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
You got there some high class diggs, I don't know how you are going to make it to SEFF, but God willing and the creek doesn't rise, you will be there, mirror Ball, 8 tracks playing and you dancing away.

Looks pretty neat for an old camper. Have a hoot.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:28 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
It needs a hot tub!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:38 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
It needs a hot tub!
Thats what I told the wife!
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:37 AM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
dont forget to wear the pr0n 'stache when you drive it.

if you really wanna freak everyone out, paint "free candy" on the side with some spray paint.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,557 Posts
And a hat. You'll need a hat so they know you're a flier. Oh, and some decent clothes so they'll know yer kewl...the hat and the clothes will make the chicks will swarm all over you. Garan-TEED!

ROFLMAO Now where's the rest of that wine I had???

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Last edited by deckert; Apr 02, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:24 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, oh my.

I drove it to the flying field for the first time yesterday ( about 500 meters from my front door to the pilot station). Looked like the Clampets go RC flying. Still need to make a few more adjustments to the carb. It fires right up first shot, but has a bad hesitation off idle. Nice to have a cold one in the fridge right there!

Laine.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:20 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
I thought you would have posted more pictures of "The Lainemobile" by now. Some with the engine compartment with it now being all power washed and clean, the inside all "spic n span" and of course a few of the outside with graphics renaming it. Of course there would also have to be at least one image from the front with the mirrored ball spinning and lights flashing so that we all know the "look" is complete and a bit of music from the 8 tracks playing in the background.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:04 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, I wish. Im still building planes for SEFF. The Lainemobile is gonna have to wait its turn.

I did drive up to Warner Robins, GA (with a stop by Hodges on the way home) this morning to pick up some dual wheels/tires for the back of it today. Time to go put em on! Then, back to work on planes.

Laine.