HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
I was really hoping for a 180-200 sized brushless Blade heli, but I think I will start saving up for this one. My MCPX is really too small for my older eyes and the stock power is just too low for my bad collective habits. I have no desire for anything other than mild aerobatics so this should easily fit the bill and stilll be able to power out of the mistakes.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:29 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drev View Post
When are they going to ditch those 2 piece cheapo ugly outdated crappy canopies. Does't matter how many colour schemes they use, they always look the same. Don't you think it's time for something new HH? Drev,
I personally like the canopies except for the fact that they are way overpriced.

John
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Pretty nice, keep it in the trunk in a small case for those times you wish you had brought your heli but didnt plan on flying.....it happens

The beast is what makes this heli IMO, as its stock specs are pretty mediocre.......and lets not forget the pilot nice skills. Good reference to a potatoe Amp.... I always use the 2 sticks and a rubber band reference, my salivating over every new heli days are over, but this is nice in typical Blade fashion because parts are only a hobby shop away

Other vid shows private on utube, so heres and alternative...
Blade 300 X BNF by BLADE (5 min 6 sec)
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:36 PM
Espaņa, CN, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Joined Oct 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I cant fly as near good as the guy in the first vid but i can do very similar rainbows with mine. In about the same space as what he did over the pool table.

I really like the 300 size heli's so I bet i will have one of these...at least for a little while
I remember a vid from you flipping the mcpx in a bathroom. I'm still impressed!!
timox72 is offline Find More Posts by timox72
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
...and your point is?

The two cannot be compared as the Maxir is a low volume "builders kit" helicopter without worldwide distribution and customer support.
Until BNF Maxir helis are available in abundance, along with spare parts at the local hobby shops they will remain an unknown hero.

In general the low volume companies have the better model aircraft, but the mass produced ones will usually outsell them and the average RC aircraft enthusiast will not care if they are sacrificing the extra quality and performance.

John
My point is it will have a significantly higher disk loading. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Of course, that's not really saying much because the Maxir's disk loading is much lower than pretty much any other model out there. It was really just an observation - nothing to read into too much.

Dan
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
443 Posts
So I have a trex 250 super combo that I really like.
What would be the advantage of buying one of these? (Just so I have some ammo with the wife)
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
What would be the advantage of buying one of these? (Just so I have some ammo with the wife)
It's like buying a BeastX/Spectrum Receiver, and getting a $200 helicopter for half price!
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:42 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
There might not be any advantage at all if you are satisfied with your Align Trex 250 super combo. In my opinion, Align helis have been superior to Blade helis. The only thing I can see that is an advantage is the included Beast/RX flybarless setup, but you could do the same with the Trex 250.

John
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
I can't believe this. I have been waiting for this EXACT thing FBL in a 300-size forever and having heard nothing I opted to pick up a Walkera V400D02 a month or so ago. If I had even an inkling this was coming I would have waited. ARGH!
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Pretty nice, keep it in the trunk in a small case for those times you wish you had brought your heli but didnt plan on flying.....it happens

The beast is what makes this heli IMO, as its stock specs are pretty mediocre.......and lets not forget the pilot nice skills. Good reference to a potatoe Amp.... I always use the 2 sticks and a rubber band reference, my salivating over every new heli days are over, but this is nice in typical Blade fashion because parts are only a hobby shop away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8GoixxOMrs
This dude is the Mark Knopfler of RC helicopters. Holy crap! I'll stick to the backyard where no one can see me....
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:30 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Silver View Post
This dude is the Mark Knopfler of RC helicopters. Holy crap! I'll stick to the backyard where no one can see me....
Have a look at some of Tareq's vids....even if you can fly reasonably he makes you feel like you're toying around spot landing an Airhog....

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...33l2-11.3l15l0

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:42 PM
Spool 'er up!
United States, FL, Oxford
Joined Mar 2010
303 Posts
I'm also excited about the new 300X. Finally, a worthy replacement for the Blade SR (goodbye tail motor and hello belt-drive!). This will be an ideal size for backyard flights or the occasional indoor session at a gymnasium. Throw in HH's excellent product support and parts availability at your LHS, and that's some sweet icing on the cake!
Paul1PA is offline Find More Posts by Paul1PA
Old Feb 03, 2012, 03:43 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Have a look at some of Tareq's vids....even if you can fly reasonably he makes you feel like you're toying around spot landing an Airhog....

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...33l2-11.3l15l0

Amp
The pilot is Tareq Alsaadi???

Pfff...

So I should be happy to only hover this heli

My favourite Tareq video:

Tareq Alsaadi vs. The Palm Tree (4 min 45 sec)

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:46 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Oh you have got to be kidding me, watching that video has forced me to demote my perception of my own heli flying skills from "not bad" to "total crap", LOL!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:07 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
The pilot is Tareq Alsaadi???

Pfff...

So I should be happy to only hover this heli

My favourite Tareq video:

Walter
Nice vid. My apologies. I wasn't implying Tareq was the flyer in the 300x vid. Just a post in relation to the dire straits comment.

Did the numbers re performance and my gaui 200 has a 440 mm disk and 295 flying weight. This from spec has a 550 disk and 490 weight. Gonna
be a bit lag-y even if it has the power.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw