Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroTechnician View Post
Hello PostHoleDigger,

The reason why we do not accept any RMA forms that long out of the warranty policy is because if we did, any customer can call in while in the warranty period, report a problem, then use the battery until it stopped working and still return the battery. I am not saying that this is the case here, but we have policies for a reason. We will help you out and allow the exchange this time. Unfortunately though, we are out of stock on that battery. Please private message me or post a reply with which other battery you would like to exchange with. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this issue.

Danny
I think that is an acceptable response; but I did not see any resolution to the 1st post in this thread. Would you also address the issue Caveman Don is having? (see first post). I have been out of town for several weeks, did Caveman ever get his problem solved?

Good of you to make it right Danny AND it is comforting to see retailers aid their customers (postholedigger)on the forums. But I was curious if you have any comment in regards to the main topic of this thread: Is Hobbypartz selling used products as new? Are you all sending out electronics that are not NIB? Or is this a rare occurrence? If I were to buy from you, is there any guarantee I am getting a new product, or is there always the possibility I could be getting electronics parted out of another aircraft?

I do not argue that the electronics may not have ever been flown, but I do argue that it is disappointing to receive a product with glue and scratches all over it when you thought you were paying for something in new and pristine condition.

Personally, I will not be purchasing anything from you or any of your subsidiary companies because I have read too many negative reviews on your support and because of threads like this where your company gave Caveman the shaft. Reputation is everything, and doing business out in the open like this can easily sway my opinion in any direction. That is why I ask these questions, if I see a customer being treated fairly then I am more inclined to purchase from that retailer.

EDIT:
I will add that it does rub me the wrong way that you read this entire thread, and only chose to only comment on Post Hole Digger. What is your position on Caveman's situation?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Thanks for the support bsbauman
A "resolution" has been promised on the ESC but I am still waiting to hear why it had occurred in the first place. The response to that question from someone in the Radian company was "as far as I know we are not allowed to sell returns working or not".
As far as I am concerned that is not a "resolution" to the "pull" rant. I believe this is not over with on there end and there will be further communications....... we will see.
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Old Jan 03, 2012, 04:14 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,383 Posts
You perfectly summarized my rant.

If it were me, I would consider the transaction a loss; but would want to know, moving forward with potential future transactions, what exactly their policy is regarding the condition of items that customers buy and expect to be NIB.

EDIT:
I am vocal and I emphasize this topic because I have read/heard more than one of these complaints before
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello Caveman_Don,

All of the products we sell are new items. The only time any item is pulled off a unit and sold is with the knowledge and consent of the customer. I am sorry to hear that you received the ESC in that condition. I have private messaged you regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Danny
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
Thank you Danny. I am glad to see someone post a message with that wording.
I truly hope this was an isolated incident, I hope all of us will benefit from the feedbacks.
Thank you for your response.

Don
Old Jan 04, 2012, 03:17 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,383 Posts
I know Caveman appreciates getting a direct answer from you Dan, thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
392 Posts
A satisfactory resolution has been received concerning the ESC.
I will do business with Hobbypartz again, I believe the "other issue" has been received loud and clear by the Hobbypartz company's and will be more aware of what happens in their shipping department
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
RaidenAlbert....You come here for damage control and nothing else. The entire outfit you work for is corrupt and don't care about customers at all. You only care about selling cheap, cruddy component and shipping them out the door regardless of their functionality. You and all your aliased shops deserve nothing from anyone. I will continue to tell people not to buy from you or your affiliates. I will also continue sending you BBB complaints and my personal complaints until I get my money back.... Tell me why you offered me to send back the faulty battery and then did nothing but ignore me? Thea made it clear to me that it would be taken care of. You guys fired her or she got smart to your lowly scams and quit before she could "take care of me"... Get me my battery connector back and my $31... I will not stop sending you emails and BBB requests until you do...

Here's the latest email I got from my complaint. Notice the cowards won't even respond? This is what you are in for if you buy from Hobbypartz and their affiliates:

In the absence of any response from the company this complaint despite our two requests to them, we are closing our file on this complaint.

This unanswered complaint will become part of the information we report to the public on this company for the next three years. Should any government agency request our files on this company, your complaint will also be included.

If you have settled this complaint directly with the company, would you please email us to let us know that, as well as any other comments you might have. Your help in doing this is important to ensure that our report to the public on this company is accurate.

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau

Original Complaint:
I was sent a defective battery and contacted them WITHIN 30 DAYS that the battery DID NOT WORK. They would not send me a new one! After I was told prior to sending the defective battery back to HobbyPartz that my RMA number was STILL GOOD, I was told that I would not be getting a new battery because my time was up. The battery I bought was bad, it was not going to get any worse waiting to be shipped back. It took me so long because I had to move and it was boxed.... I would never have sent it back if I was told I couldn’t. Now i'm out shipping costs x2 times and the cost of the battery because they don't check batteries before they send them out... I paid for a battery that didn’t work. I simply wanted a battery that works, and my shipping reimbursed LIKE THEA SAID!! Of course when my battery arrived at hobby partz/raiden tech, the person that handles my complaint, Thea, had been fired or they were lying that she didn't work there anymore. I was then told that my connector that I soldered to the battery would be returned and that never made it to me either. This is the most horrid company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They sell crap and don't care about their customers. They just sell it so cheap that suckers keep buying from them.
Complaint Summary
I was sent a defective battery and contacted them WITHIN 30 DAYS that the battery DID NOT WORK. They would not send me a new one!
Resolution Sought
I want a full refund of the battery that I paid for. I want my shipping cost back as well..... I want an apology from Sam, who never got back to me after sending him emails. Who never gets back to ANYONE that writes him a complaint email and who is 100% totally incompetent to be any sort of management.

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - None Posted
Initial Response Summary

Consumer's Rebuttal

Consumer's Rebuttal - None Posted

Company's Final Response

Company's Final Response - None Posted

They have an F- rating with the BBB, isn't that enough not to buy from them?

PHD
PostHoleDigger is offline Find More Posts by PostHoleDigger
Last edited by PostHoleDigger; Jan 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I think that is an acceptable response
Then you didn't read the fact that I talked to Thea, a customer service rep. She told me to send it back, that she would reimburse me for shipping and I would get a new battery. Why should I have to pay to have a battery shipped back to a company that sent me a faulty battery. The problem is that they do this all the time to try and make it the customers fault. I was in the middle of a move when I received the battery that didn't work. I would NEVER have tried to return it if the company told me that I could not. Now I am out 2 shipping costs and the connector that i soldered to the battery. I suggest no one get suckered into buying from this company because of it's prices. You get what you paid for and you pay dearly, let me tell you. Not worth the savings at all. I have since found 2 online retailers that have competitive prices to Hobbyfartz (in the US) that will stand by their products. If there is something wrong, they wont make you pay to send it back. They have even taken my word for it and sent me new parts before i sent the old ones back.

You might find this acceptable because you have money to burn. I do not. The only thing I see in the future for anyone that shops here is..... I told you so.....

PHD
PostHoleDigger is offline Find More Posts by PostHoleDigger
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostHoleDigger View Post

You might find this acceptable because you have money to burn. I do not. The only thing I see in the future for anyone that shops here is..... I told you so.....

PHD
Dont come after me because you did business with an known "poor" seller.
Dont pretend to know what kind of money I have and how I choose to spend it. Dont give me this "I told you so" carp, you did not tell me anything

Sounds like you just got screwed
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostHoleDigger View Post
Then you didn't read the fact that I talked to Thea, a customer service rep. She told me to send it back, that she would reimburse me for shipping and I would get a new battery. Why should I have to pay to have a battery shipped back to a company that sent me a faulty battery. The problem is that they do this all the time to try and make it the customers fault. I was in the middle of a move when I received the battery that didn't work. I would NEVER have tried to return it if the company told me that I could not. Now I am out 2 shipping costs and the connector that i soldered to the battery. I suggest no one get suckered into buying from this company because of it's prices. You get what you paid for and you pay dearly, let me tell you. Not worth the savings at all. I have since found 2 online retailers that have competitive prices to Hobbyfartz (in the US) that will stand by their products. If there is something wrong, they wont make you pay to send it back. They have even taken my word for it and sent me new parts before i sent the old ones back.

PHD

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
best thing to do is pay with paypal so you can file a claim and win it(buyer wins every time). if you didn't, file a chargeback with your credit card company. I have done this and it was very simple to do. I got my money back on the crap motors nitroplanes sent and that's the end of the story!
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 05, 2013, 07:38 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Hobby partz customer srevice sucks.

I ordered a Tacon 60 motor from them awhile back for a plane I bought at notro planes (the same company) I finally got the plane together a few weeks later and found the prop adapter supplied with the motor was defective. The treads were cut wrong and it was over 40 thousands out of true, making the motor worthless. I called them and was told after 40 minuets on hold that I needed to talk to tech support. Not being able to hold another 40 min, I put in an email ticket. After a week I put in another ticket. after another 5 days I called again waited another 30 min and the guy couldn't hear me. I decided to try their online chat and finaly ended up with a guy who told me they didn't stock the part and I'de have to buy a new motor.
ecthan is offline Find More Posts by ecthan
Old Nov 06, 2013, 12:29 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthan View Post
I ordered a Tacon 60 motor from them awhile back for a plane I bought at notro planes (the same company) I finally got the plane together a few weeks later and found the prop adapter supplied with the motor was defective. The treads were cut wrong and it was over 40 thousands out of true, making the motor worthless. I called them and was told after 40 minuets on hold that I needed to talk to tech support. Not being able to hold another 40 min, I put in an email ticket. After a week I put in another ticket. after another 5 days I called again waited another 30 min and the guy couldn't hear me. I decided to try their online chat and finaly ended up with a guy who told me they didn't stock the part and I'de have to buy a new motor.
We don't stock the part but I I can see if I can order it from the factory directly, would you happen to know your order number for the motor so I can have it sent to you when I receive the replacement prop adapter.
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Nov 06, 2013, 12:36 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
We don't stock the part but I I can see if I can order it from the factory directly, would you happen to know your order number for the motor so I can have it sent to you when I receive the replacement prop adapter.
Charlie, do you have anything to say in response to the first post in the thread?
I am sure Caveman Don would like to hear from you regarding his experience buying from your company.
RCG Plus Member