HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@irvinrhey:
Yes, get a Turnigy 9x. The full one with it's module built in. It uses the FlySky protocol and will bind up with the v911, v929, v939, Xieda 9958, Vitality, Syma X1

The FlySky TH9x radio sold by Xheli is the same as the Turnigy 9x. Except in a black plastic instead of the grey on the Turnigy. The antenna is on the top as well. It's on sale for $74.50 and there's an extra 10% off coupon that expires tonight. The company is in the US, so a good source if you live there.

Ok, scratch that. They expired the coupon already even though it said you have until midnight (PST). Perhaps their server time is off.

Thanks Daryoon! However, I'm not from US.
Perhaps, I'll order with Hobbyking. Thanks again for the help..
irvinrhey is offline Find More Posts by irvinrhey
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:28 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
OFF
if somebody interested, the Turnigy 9X is back on stock again at HK... I couldnt resist...."OMG what have I done....."
and the FlySky radio at BG....
/OFF
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
OFF
if somebody interested, the Turnigy 9X is back on stock again at HK... I couldnt resist...."OMG what have I done....."
and the FlySky radio at BG....
/OFF
Well done. You will like it!
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:02 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Well done. You will like it!
Thanks mate!

Oh and the screen light module wals also available from an EU warehouse...(NL, or UK, cant remember...)

anyway is there ANY difference between the FlySky and the Turnigy 9X? I mean I know they are the same, but the FS has the TX module mounted the antenna, and the T 9X has the antenna mounted to the controller and wired TX module....I guess its totally the same, and the could be "the washed car is faster" syndrome here.... /OFF

ps: my V911 is on the way, so Im so excited...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
anyway is there ANY difference between the FlySky and the Turnigy 9X? I mean I know they are the same, but the FS has the TX module mounted the antenna, and the T 9X has the antenna mounted to the controller and wired TX module....I guess its totally the same, and the could be "the washed car is faster" syndrome here.... /OFF
Turnigy 9X Antenna Hack (Allows complete removal of the 2.4GHz Wireless Module) (12 min 25 sec)
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:43 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Thanks mate! This is an important difference...sheeiit... Then I try to cancel my HK order and go for the FlySky TX at BG....

EDIT: cancelled the Turnigy 9X and ordered the FlySky FS-TH9X..

Thanks again for the hint mystman! /OFF

On topic question : due I was flying with mSR in this class, is there any same jaw problem with the V911 as the mSR? As I remember it was significant "turn" slower to one direction... ?
Last edited by bulesz; Dec 03, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:00 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Thanks for the post Mystman. That's what I thought I remembered. So ALL the Turnegy 9x have the module connected. It seems lime a pretty simple mod, but if I'm buying new I'll try to avoid it. I did miss out on a few good deals on E-bay because I wasn't exactly sure of the module could be removed. I'll have to look one more time before I order one. Thanks again.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,489 Posts
Yeah if you get the Turnigy 9x the antenna mod is pretty much a must if only to shorten that tiny coax which has pretty high loss at 2.4 ghz. It's not hard though. I used an old wifi antenna that has really nice quality short coax and the top off an old MAF cleaner bottle. Messy hot glue so I can remove it if needed. I think mine is better than the one posted above because that one sticks way out in the back and doesn't look secure, but if it works, it works!

LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
I'm glad, I bought a FlySky TH9X. No need to mod.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Yes, thats why thanks again bro to could change my order, and I hope soon (...muhahaaa ) could join to the FlySky "brotherhood"...

Someone to my "ontopic" question?
"due I was flying with mSR in this class, is there any same jaw problem with the V911 as the mSR? As I remember it was significant "turn" slower to one direction... ?"
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,666 Posts
Woohoo!

Heli #4 (black/orange) arrived today. Seems to have a very strong main motor, as it absolutely rockets toward the ceiling when the batteries are fresh. Think I'll be keeping that one for outdoor flight. Now just waiting for the white one to arrive and I've more or less got a set

When hovering hands-free, the heli rotates to the left (anti clockwise). I can compensate with trimming, but the trim is almost all the way to the right by the time it stops rotating. Does this indicate that the main motor is too strong for the tail? Is there anything I can do about it, or do I just have to leave the trim full over?

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
I bought FlySky TH-9X back over the summer. It's a "V2." The antenna is attached through the back of the case to the module...
elkabong80 is online now Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
When I replaced the stock motor in my Solo Pro 260a with the Bravo SX motor, I had to also use a higher C battery. Only then was there a noticeable power increase.

With my larger Solo Pro 328a, I replaced the stock motor with the Xtreme 120sr motor. Again a battery upgrade was necessary.

More powerful motors draw more power. I think that is why there is so much 'ymmv' going around.

regards . . . g
Duh, total missed your post. So you say to get a higher C rated battery. But for the V911 only original batteries fit and they all have the same C rating. You cant use any turnigy batteries etc
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:30 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Yeah if you get the Turnigy 9x the antenna mod is pretty much a must if only to shorten that tiny coax which has pretty high loss at 2.4 ghz. It's not hard though. I used an old wifi antenna that has really nice quality short coax and the top off an old MAF cleaner bottle. Messy hot glue so I can remove it if needed. I think mine is better than the one posted above because that one sticks way out in the back and doesn't look secure, but if it works, it works!
I agree, yours is better (maybe not so pretty) lol, but better.

The one in the vid sticks out way to far, so much so that you can't lay tx on it's back without putting pressure on the antenna and module.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post

BTW: The Bravo SX seems to be able to lift about double the weight of the standard V911 motor.
Did you try the bravo motor in the v911? Any noticeable changes?
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg