HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2008, 11:41 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Discussion
Ron Paul is still in the race?

I just saw his mug on the front page of CNN. Some people just don't know when to give up...

If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you;-)
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Feb 05, 2008, 11:52 AM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1
I just saw his mug on the front page of CNN. Some people just don't know when to give up...

If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you;-)
Yeap.. I hope he surprises everyone. he kinda has already. I am still Hope full for him.

People complain that all these people promise change but don't mean it. Ron Paul IS the one who WOULD make change and abandon the tired status quo.

I have been watching a lot of coverage and I am starting to realize and believe very firmly, I will probably not get along ver well with anyone who does not like Ron Paul.

If you don't like Ron Paul...

You want to control other people through laws that you feel are morally sound
You like the government interfering with your life and mine.
You feel entitled to other peoples money and to a standard of living you cannot afford.
You feel we should Police the world.

The list could go on.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Feb 05, 2008, 11:53 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Why should anyone who wants to win ever give up?
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Feb 05, 2008, 12:57 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Ron Paul's getting my vote this afternoon and all the propositions are getting a no vote from me.

Regarding the indian tribes, I think it would be a hoot if one or two get their props passed and the others don't. I guess it would wind up in court.
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Feb 05, 2008, 01:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
He will be getting my vote and my wifes { along with financial contributions }

Imho....a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for America. His stances on the constitution, federal reserve, federal goverment, IRS, foreign policys , etc make such enournmous sense to me that I cant understand how the majority in our society do not support him over the other trivial candidates....
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:11 PM
AustinTatious
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumme

Imho....a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for America. His stances on the constitution, federal reserve, federal goverment, IRS, foreign policys , etc make such enournmous sense to me that I cant understand how the majority in our society do not support him over the other trivial candidates....
The machine in action.
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:14 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
Ron Paul has fared like most any Libertarian, i.e. he's irrelevant.

I do like some of his stands and plain talk, but unfortunately it comes with a bit too much Libertarian voodoo for me to support him. He was never a serious contender.
4 Scale is offline Find More Posts by 4 Scale
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
a serious contender ? thats funny, when I look at the other candiates and all their trivial bickering between themsleves and dancing around the issues and lies, there the ones who I consider unserious canidates/actors...with Ron Paul being the only real serious candiate who has the guts to talk about the serious issues.....

oh well, we get the goverment we deserve....and if its between Hillary and Mcain, then so be it...they wont get any support from me
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:35 PM
AustinTatious
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Ron Paul has fared like most any Libertarian, i.e. he's irrelevant.

I do like some of his stands and plain talk, but unfortunately it comes with a bit too much Libertarian voodoo for me to support him. He was never a serious contender.
hah, "libertarian voodoo"

Imagine the nerve of politician running on nothing more than supporting the constitution and freedom.

Voodoo indeed.
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:49 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
Quote:
a serious contender ? thats funny
Call me crazy, but when a candidate's been in lots of debates and primaries and has virtually no delegates and is polling poorly, then no I don't think they are a serious contender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious
hah, "libertarian voodoo"
When voters see the agenda of Libertarian candidates, they do not vote for those candidates. It's the voters, not me, who have decided it's voodoo.
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
I like Ron Paul a great deal. He seems to talk about the meat and potatoes and avoids the Libertarian stances that would alienate him. If we could do recombinant dna on edwards and Ron Paul, we would have something. It pleases me to no end that the only myopic neocon types to run as repub. is plasticman. Yes, McCain brags about being a Bush yesman, but he has trouble following anyone lockstep. Conservative values that were worth anything have been coopted by dems. Conservative framework is almost nonexistent outside of reautopsying Reagan every word out of their mouths. I might like Huck better if he could count beyond 6000 when asked about evolution. Moot Romney cant win the general. Guiliani is history, McCain is being savaged by those intent on foisting another idiot on us. Outside of Moot, any of these guys would be infinitely preferrable to Bush. I only hope that Georgie Porgie has ruined the Bush name to forever exclude Jeb. He certainly has made room for those like RP and Huck. Maybe this is a good thing. Another decade and I might be able to vote republican. No more phony ranchers, pretend everyman, kindly grandfathers, bogus uniters, world cops. Cats out of the bag, you pubs have humans you can run as evidenced by RP and Huck.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Old Feb 05, 2008, 02:57 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,893 Posts
Romeny is actually quite capable. He has a highly impressive record of accomplishment. That he pretends to be an ultra-conservative lunitic is because that's the faction that has hijacked the Republican base. If Romeny gets the nomination (highly unlikley now) you will see him moderate for the general.

Jeb Bush is by far the most moderate, intelligent and has the best claim to genuine business achievement of any of the Bush clan. However Little Georgie has been so bad that I say "a pox on their House" and don't want to entertain the idea of mouthing the words "President Bush" ever again.
Old Feb 05, 2008, 04:04 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:

Simple...they want the trough.. and the power.

They want to fill it from people they judge do not deserve the money they take, they want to give it to others they think are more deserving of it than it's owners, and they want the power to force other people to act in ways they approve of, mostly in cases where those they threaten do not violate anyone elses rights. They are the worst of the selfish...those so selfish they cannot contain their impulses to impose their will.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Feb 05, 2008, 04:06 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
I have to think that Jeb was wise enough to recognize that the family name wouldn't fly again in national politics after brother George's escapades, and ergo decided not to even consider running. He was always very adamant and unflinching about not running when asked, even from the time he was still governor here, and '08 candidate names were just beginning to be bandied about.

In ten or twelve years, maybe--but his surname is political poison right now. A shame, because he was a pretty good governor IMHO.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Feb 05, 2008, 04:09 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Simple...they want the trough.. and the power.

They want to fill it from people they judge do not deserve the money they take, they want to give it to others they think are more deserving of it than it's owners, and they want the power to force other people to act in ways they approve of, mostly in cases where those they threaten do not violate anyone elses rights. They are the worst of the selfish...those so selfish they cannot contain their impulses to impose their will.
It's incredible that you,(who are in the public trough), would accuse others of demanding that. What a case of projection of your fears onto the voters of America.
wilscor41 is offline Find More Posts by wilscor41