HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2014, 09:27 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,989 Posts
Twisted...when are you going to get that thing in the air!!!!???? I couldn't resist the pull of the Flanker any longer and purchased the Freewing Su-35 kit for my winter project.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log v4.0 Progress...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2014, 09:32 AM
What goes up...
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Soon soon! just trying to iron bugs out of KK2.1 software, currently switching flight modes would be suicide and too many hours invested.
I keep looking at the Freewing and LX models too.... Sukhoi p0rn!!
Twisted Wings is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Wings
Old Dec 06, 2014, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Hi looking at building this. I have two of these (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r%5FMotor.html) which I used on two su37 by RCPowers and I'm wondering if they would be overkill for a twin power plant setup on the 100% or 125% sizes. Feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
rkozak is offline Find More Posts by rkozak
Last edited by rkozak; Dec 06, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2014, 03:05 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2013
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkozak View Post
Hi looking at building this. I have two of these (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r%5FMotor.html) which I used on two su37 by RCPowers and I'm wondering if they would be overkill for a twin power plant setup on the 100% or 125% sizes. Feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I use these almost exclusively in my twin motor jets. most of mine are 30-35" wingspan. I'm also of the ilk that you can never have too much power, though so.....
elmagnificado is online now Find More Posts by elmagnificado
Last edited by elmagnificado; Dec 07, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 03:08 PM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,654 Posts
I would love to build this bird.

Has anyone converted the PDF files into DXF or DWG format? I have a shop full of CNC machines and a 5'x9' CNC plasma that could easily be modded with a hotwire or something to cut foam sheeting.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Dec 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
What goes up...
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Upgraded TV mounts are finally getting there..... Had to go up in size as the funfighter motors were getting way too hot swinging 7x5's.
Learnt the hard way carbon kevlar tape does not make for easy drilling, suppose thats why its good in bullet proof vests!!

Cray 2602 have you tried www.pdf-to-dwg-converter.com or anydwg.com? I've got both but havent used them in a while.. one worked great the other.... nuff said.
Twisted Wings is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Wings
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:44 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602 View Post
I would love to build this bird.

Has anyone converted the PDF files into DXF or DWG format? I have a shop full of CNC machines and a 5'x9' CNC plasma that could easily be modded with a hotwire or something to cut foam sheeting.
No, I have not released DXF or DWG files in order to protect the interests of the company that sells kits of this model. You're free to develop your own, of course, but please don't share them.

I'd also add that it only takes me about 2 hours to print the plans and cut out the foam pieces by hand. You'd probably spend more time than that converting the files, re-arranging them, and then setting up the CNC cutter. This design is pretty simple and easy to build by hand.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:31 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44 View Post
No, I have not released DXF or DWG files in order to protect the interests of the company that sells kits of this model. You're free to develop your own, of course, but please don't share them.

I'd also add that it only takes me about 2 hours to print the plans and cut out the foam pieces by hand. You'd probably spend more time than that converting the files, re-arranging them, and then setting up the CNC cutter. This design is pretty simple and easy to build by hand.
Thanks for the reminder Steve. I had forgotten that 6mmFlyRC had this as a kit...and for only $85. I've done the printing and hand-cutting on two of these now. If I do another, it will be the kit. The two to three hours of time and effort saved is worth twice that to me. I may just need to pick one up for the future.

Right now I'm building and customizing a FW Su-35 EDF in my typical style, so it may be a while before I get to building something else.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log v4.0 Progress...