RED_HLG is offline Find More Posts by RED_HLG
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2013, 10:04 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Update

I can start shipping the new micro BECs this week.

I have already received preliminary orders for them all but luckily my situation allows me to start building the next (small) batch almost immediately.

If you are interested, please email me directly. That way it is easiest for me to keep track on orders. The address is in post #3 above.
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Nov 19, 2013, 09:43 AM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
540 Posts
I installed the micro BEC in my Vision 3d and our world great. A nice solution for a malfunctioning BEC on the speed controller of my RTR motor. Next I need to fly it!

RED
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:25 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Excellent! Just two points to check out:
  1. It may be advisable to cut the plus wire coming from the RTR to ensure that the two BECs are not fighting each other
  2. I see you have the uBEC set to output 5.8 V. If that is OK for the system then let it be like that.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:14 PM
Adam RED Weston
Brier, WA
Joined May 2006
540 Posts
Oddly, the BEC on this RTR motor failed, and whatever the failure was, it still needs all three signals running back to the receiver to work... I don't know why, but this is where I ended up. 5.8 volts seems to be a ok! I got to fly it last night and worked out great !
Old Dec 05, 2013, 04:10 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Yet another update

I have just finished building a new small batch of the micro BEC units. They just need to be tested and I can start shipping them on Monday since Friday is a public holiday in Finland.
Old Jan 07, 2014, 12:20 PM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Sep 2012
192 Posts
i hope there are some left. i am building rec level 3d planes and i was wondering if there is a cheep way around the bec issue. could i put a resister on the power wire of each servo that needs low voltige?
mattnat is offline Find More Posts by mattnat
Old Jan 09, 2014, 04:43 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
A resistor in the servo wiring does not work since the current consumption of a servo changes a lot depending on what it does. Obviously and external BEC such as this is the "professional" solution but in many cases adding a number of diodes in series to the positive voltage (red) servo wire is a good enough.

A basic silicon diode drops the voltage by approximately 0.7 V but this depends somewhat on the diode type, servo current and temperature. Of course this method has the drawback that the servo voltage drops when the battery voltage drops while a good BEC can keep it constant.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:28 PM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Update

I have a small number of the micro BEC units available again. Please email me at RH_design (at) outlook.com if you are interested.
Last edited by Finnspeed; Mar 09, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:41 PM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Stock update

If someone needs this ultra light and small BEC, I have some stock again! Contact details above.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 03:00 PM
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Sep 2013
1,043 Posts
I sent an email, but didn't hear back. I want one if the price is right.
akfreak is offline Find More Posts by akfreak
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:07 PM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
Someone sent me an email on June 22nd and I answered almost immediately. However, I did not get a respond yet but I'm positive that my answer was sent successfully.

Maybe it wasn't you though, please check that you got the email address correct:
RH_design (at) outlook.com

Please remove the spaces and replace (at) with the @ character.

The price is 25€ each and shipping is 2€ for up to 5 units worldwide.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:17 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
941 Posts
New version v. 1.1. only 0.30 grams

I have just made a first batch of the new even lighter version of this tiny BEC for F3P. For further details, see the first post on this thread.

If anyone is interested, please email me at RH_Design(at)outlook.com or PM here. Replace the (at) with @ in the address.