HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
autopilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPackin View Post
only lacking the GPS but an autopilot non the less. Give CC a magnetometer and a baro sensor and it would be an autopilot too.
not the same thing a FC and a Autopilot? (noob quest..i know..but im noob..)

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Team White Llama
United States, IL, Addison
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post

Saludos,
Jose
AutoPilot does the flying for you, where a simple FC you do the flying. :P
Enthlapy is offline Find More Posts by Enthlapy
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,190 Posts
Quote:
I have no idea what picture you are talking about, "all the quality issues with the CC boards" is pure BS, the ONLY problem was with the defective gyro chip and YES, Dave re-worked every one of them by hand.
If you are honestly telling me you dont know about the pic I appologize even though wrong to call me pathetic.
I would not lie about what I seen. Ask Dave as I am sure he knows what pic I am reffering to.
It was in like the CC status thread or something. He posted it to show why the delay and was saying he had to fix alot of boards.
As I mentioned mine was fine for what I used it for(Sport flying). I was always on the sticks so the drift didnt bother me.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
Team White Llama
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
If you are honestly telling me you dont know about the pic I appologize even though wrong to call me pathetic.
I would not lie about what I seen. Ask Dave as I am sure he knows what pic I am reffering to.
It was in like the CC status thread or something. He posted it to show why the delay and was saying he had to fix alot of boards.
As I mentioned mine was fine for what I used it for(Sport flying). I was always on the sticks so the drift didnt bother me.

Not trying to rip on you Tony,

But this exactly why these are all opinions.

If you want a FC to fly for you then looks like Naza is for you, if you want to do the flying CC is the board for you.

I think the people posting thier opinions should also include what they intend to do / skill level.

Sorry i didnt mention the other boards like hover fly, MultiWii, FY, and anything else i missed.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,190 Posts
Quote:
I have no idea what picture you are talking about, "all the quality issues with the CC boards" is pure BS, the ONLY problem was with the defective gyro chip and YES, Dave re-worked every one of them by hand.
OK you even just stated what I was saying. Dave had to re-work all the boards by hand. I never said they went out defective. I am sure some did but the pic was of him re-working them before they went out.
Everyone knows you guys dont make the parts used to make the boards so wasnt saying the team did anything wrong to cause the problem.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post

Saludos,
Jose
a flight controller uses gyros for feedback of rate of rotation of the 3 axes. As a result it flies in what is referred to as "Rate" mode. A stabilized flight controller adds a 3 axis accelerometer sensing the velocity of acceleration in the 3 axes for attitude feedback. The rate loop is the inner loop and the attitude loop is the outer loop.

Flying in rate mode, the quad will maintain the angle of flight when the sticks are released. In attitude mode it will "level" itself when the sticks are released.

An autopilot uses a magnetometer as a compass so that it knows its heading. It
uses a barometric sensor to know its altitude. It can do heading hold and altitude hold because it has that feedback. When GPS position feedback is added the autopilot can do things like "position hold" and "return to base".
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:55 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
good to know..:)

Quote:
a flight controller uses gyros for feedback of rate of rotation of the 3 axes. As a result it flies in what is referred to as "Rate" mode. A stabilized flight controller adds a 3 axis accelerometer sensing the velocity of acceleration in the 3 axes for attitude feedback. The rate loop is the inner loop and the attitude loop is the outer loop.

Flying in rate mode, the quad will maintain the angle of flight when the sticks are released. In attitude mode it will "level" itself when the sticks are released.

An autopilot uses a magnetometer as a compass so that it knows its heading. It
uses a barometric sensor to know its altitude. It can do heading hold and altitude hold because it has that feedback. When GPS position feedback is added the autopilot can do things like "position hold" and "return to base".
So this cheap clone is autopilot?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1533

till now thought without gps all boards were FC and with were Autopilot...
Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthlapy View Post
Not trying to rip on you Tony,

But this exactly why these are all opinions.

If you want a FC to fly for you then looks like Naza is for you, if you want to do the flying CC is the board for you.

I think the people posting thier opinions should also include what they intend to do / skill level.

Sorry i didnt mention the other boards like hover fly, MultiWii, FY, and anything else i missed.
No offense taken. I am a sport flyer not a noob who lets the FC fly for me. here are 2 of my OP CC vids and when I get my next Light naza built I will post some vids of same type flying

Karbonic SIX Y6 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter shot w/GoPro on 4s (3 min 52 sec)

Karbonic SIX Y6 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter shot w/GoPro on 4s #2 (2 min 19 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:57 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
You KNOW I am not making it up. The pic was posted in the OP forum. I would guess 50+ boards or so but I know there was alot more. You are a moderator over there so dont act like you dont know what pic I am speaking of..
It is no secret of all the quality issues with the CC boards.
Not saying you guys arent fixing them before sending them out. My 3 that I sold all flew fine.
Good grief. Why do you have to drag people down Tony? Try and get along with others and not hate on things, just for once. That is manipulative and dishonest to frame things that way and you know it.

The amount of bad CC boards that leave here is extremely low and all are even flight tested before they are sent, what I dislike about this is we are being dragged down for being honest and open about the gyro issue. It was totally out of our control and furthermore we are far from the only project affected by it, we, foolishly it seems, told people what was going on. I really am disappointed for our honesty being used as a path to attack us.

About board A Vs board B, fly what you want and what your skill level is at, I have told many people to buy a Naza that were after CC boards until people started getting hurt by them.

I think Naza is a great board especially for beginners as it is easier to set up as it is more limited, it is more expensive as they offer top notch commercial support for the board also along with frequent software updates, all things that cost them money and they need to factor it in.

Also, this reminds me of Helis a lot, you would see newbies wanting highend helis to learn on, it makes no sense and just like helis, most people can't even fly that well to even judge what is good and what is bad. I remember some guy in Melbourne dragging down a heli and then it turned out he could barely even hover

If you are a newbie and want quads only, the Naza will suit you fine, it has altitude hold to stop you getting in trouble and much less settings or features to bother with.

For me, I really care little about it as it is closed source and not what I am interested in, 99% of you are not going to even get what OP is about anyway so it helps that MK and DJI are around.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,089 Posts
well said senhor.

me have both NAZA and CC. they both are good in their own ways. the beauty of not living in Roman times is that we can make choices
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:23 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaLife View Post
well said senhor.

me have both NAZA and CC. they both are good in their own ways. the beauty of not living in Roman times is that we can make choices
Exactly and neither are that expensive and most people have more than one airframe, some people seem to want it to be a religion and be divisive about what is really meant to be fun.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
Good grief. Why do you have to drag people down Tony? Try and get along with others and not hate on things, just for once. That is manipulative and dishonest to frame things that way and you know it.

The amount of bad CC boards that leave here is extremely low and all are even flight tested before they are sent, what I dislike about this is we are being dragged down for being honest and open about the gyro issue. It was totally out of our control and furthermore we are far from the only project affected by it, we, foolishly it seems, told people what was going on. I really am disappointed for our honesty being used as a path to attack us.

About board A Vs board B, fly what you want and what your skill level is at, I have told many people to buy a Naza that were after CC boards until people started getting hurt by them.

I think Naza is a great board especially for beginners as it is easier to set up as it is more limited, it is more expensive as they offer top notch commercial support for the board also along with frequent software updates, all things that cost them money and they need to factor it in.

Also, this reminds me of Helis a lot, you would see newbies wanting highend helis to learn on, it makes no sense and just like helis, most people can't even fly that well to even judge what is good and what is bad. I remember some guy in Melbourne dragging down a heli and then it turned out he could barely even hover

If you are a newbie and want quads only, the Naza will suit you fine, it has altitude hold to stop you getting in trouble and much less settings or features to bother with.

For me, I really care little about it as it is closed source and not what I am interested in, 99% of you are not going to even get what OP is about anyway so it helps that MK and DJI are around.
Manulipitive and dishonest? maybe you missed the last 2 sentances you quoted->

**Not saying you guys arent fixing them before sending them out. My 3 that I sold all flew fine.**
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:37 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,092 Posts
wow, never thought offering $150 for a fc would start this much crap. This is starting to sound like a cheavy vs ford thread

blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Team White Llama
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Chevy FTW~!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:51 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
Yeah, when called on it by Al. Go back and read the thread, you know what a lie of omission is right?

As always I will be honest: This is exactly what you do and have a huge reputation for, you like something for a bit and then after a while you turn around and try and hurt it, but don't take my word for it everyone sees it, it's shame as you do have a lot to offer. If you don't like OP, I am cool with this, if you think Naza is better, this is also great and I am happy for you. My personal motivation behind OP is the community aspect and meeting awesome people.

The gyro issue cost me a small fortune, I sucked up that cost to try and do the right thing by people. Running a project like this is a pain, you get jealous people that can't do much (or in reality won't do the work), you get people looking at it as a meal ticket and generally a bunch of abuse. However, on the whole we meet really good people that do get what we are trying to do as a community.

There are some opinions in this thread I agree with and some I don't, I get that and some is useful feedback but you stood out as trying to stick the knife on and twist it and very likely because John is no longer a distro. That I really didn't like at all and especially given the many many hours and serious dollars put in to try and ensure everyone does have good hardware.