SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
and I'm awaiting test results of mine also, if anyone else have experienced problems with it
Danny_Swe is online now Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Swe View Post
I tried today with replacing the DDS cube files with my cube files converted to high quality JPG. Seemed to work. Maybe someone can verify if it works ok.

Fantasy

Download
For me it is OK, but the start position of fixed wing (default 1) should be located
to a better point.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
ok, thanks! Yes I had the gravest problems with start positions, will check it out
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Harald B: OK, it's the silly season here, nothing happens. 1: Where's the Berlin-Tempelhof-Startbahn scenery you promised? The video is from March 2012 and looked finished and stunning as well. What happened? 2: In your huge private library of images there must be a frozen lake somewhere! If you saw one, you'd walk out on it and photograph the whole thing in detail. We know your passion for photography. Is it possible to turn it into a 3D environment for model kits?

On the Wishlist:
Phoenix RC-Szenerie Berlin-Tempelhof-Startbahn (2 min 7 sec)
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Csaba has upgraded the old Bootssteg Docks , (This is a brand new design but) "thanks to Seaky's odd idea of modelling all those shoes in detail" .... . Is it possible to remove them?

Bootssteg Docks 2012: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Bootssteg.zip
It is not of course, BUT I have made a special PXF for You.
Start position 1 for fixed wings is OK (others are not). shoes are removed, and the building is wider, might be possible to land on it.
see: Bootssteg_PXF.zip
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Otto Heinlein is back with another attempt, Genderkingen Airport, which is much better than his first effort, the slightly flawed MFC Gersthofen. You're getting two versions of the same airport, one is partly cloudy, the other partly sunny. If the first one is too dark for your taste, go for the latter. You're perfectly placed near a broad and long asphalt runway. This one is dead perfect to launch and take down fast jets. Very good this one, and no irritating blasting sunshine, which ruined his first flying site.

Extra 300 and Cessna 152 @ EDMQ 2011 (2 min 8 sec)

Genderkingen Airport: http://www.phoenix-sim.com/downloads.asp
Last edited by Fatgadget; Sep 05, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsaba View Post
For me it is OK, but the start position of fixed wing (default 1) should be located to a better point.
have tried now for an hour to relocate the position with no luck. It has to be extremely flat all around the model to not make it crash. I just found a place but then it's impossible to lift because it crashes after a few cm taxing well. I will do a new field with same theme. Maybe a little more suited for fixed wing
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
I've been testing the above covered Genderkingen Airport further. The sunny version is just plain terrific, one of the best runways with hard surface around. It's up there with Csaba's superb one, Börgönd runway. Great job, Otto!

Genderkingen Airport (sunny version): part of Phoenix' unofficial flying sites selection:
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
To Be Constructed

Here are some of my scenery-panoramas, which are not yet constructed.
If someone wants to create sceneries, I will provide the cubefaces.

http://szenerien.de/index.php?option...160&Itemid=129
EPPforFUN is offline Find More Posts by EPPforFUN
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Many great panorama shots here, HB. Timmendorfer Strand 1 & 2 would be fantastic in finished state. And Berlin Tempelhof is worth to wait for. If anyone has the necessary skills, use his stunning panorama photos and create some fantastic flying sites from them.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
Here are some of my scenery-panoramas, which are not yet constructed.
If someone wants to create sceneries, I will provide the cubefaces.

http://szenerien.de/index.php?option...160&Itemid=129
All of those are really great.

As I have plenty of time and noone is inviting me to make a panorama at his airfield, and as I have already gave up my original intent to make Hungarian flying sites, as making Bever, Tortuga, Bootssteg, Medlanky and If there are no other candidates, I will try to make some.

Tempelhof
Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel
Timmendorfer Strand 02
Ganderkeese

are my favourites.
You can send medium cubefaces, if You are satisfied later can be replaced to high, or high JPG.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Hi Laszlo,

wonderful - I have packed all cubefaces in a zip-file and they are uploaded. Thank you for your efforts!
Today I have added some more scenery-previews.
Last edited by EPPforFUN; Sep 11, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
nice, I really like these two:

Niendorf-Ostseestrand Sonnenuntergang
Ägyptische Pyramiden
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Hi Danny,

both panoramas were made handheld. Very difficult stitching- and retouching-work.
The pyramids-panonama-shots were made by Jonny Heilmann who sent me the images. I still have to retouch some areas of sky which I used from my own panoramas.

Here is a quick-and-dirty preview of Niendorf Sonnenuntergang:

http://www.szenerien.de/Szenerie-Vor...seestrand.html

Last edited by EPPforFUN; Sep 13, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
There's only a couple of good snow/winter sceneries around. One of them is Harald B's & Seaky's Bad Oldesloe Winter. No one has yet managed to find a panorama collection of a frozen lake. There must be one out there somewhere. Frozen lakes were the favorite flying environment when winters were colder up here north. It would be cool to see one as a working flying site.

- About the Spektrum DX5e transmitter: it's only five channels, but comes with a sixth switch which is programmable, the Trainer Switch (the longest one), works perfectly when applied as wheel brakes. Edit Control Profile > Wheel brake > Channel 6. Also, Assign both Retract Gear & Activate Smoke to the same switch, Channel 5. Smoke is enabled when gear is up, gear down and it's disabled. If there's too much smoke, adjust the opacity ruler below the smoke color scheme picker down to 50-60%. (It's good to avoid pressing the keyboard during flight).

Bad Oldesloe Winter: www.szenerien.de (subfolder Phoenix RC):