Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Nov 19, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Jeffrequiem
Joined Nov 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Not flying at all. Just spinning

First I bought the hawk 2 and it just did blinking lights and wouldn't fly. I took it back to best buy and got the protocol tracer jet. Now this one just spins counter clockwise and Never lifts off the ground. It's charged and I've tried trimming but still spins in circles.
Jeffrequiem is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrequiem
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by Timewerx
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Better not try to fix it, just return it and exchanged.
Timewerx is offline Find More Posts by Timewerx
Old Nov 28, 2015, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
13,430 Posts
Spinning like that often means that one or other of the rotors is not connected properly to its motor. It could be something as simple as a loose grub screw where the gear wheel drives the main shaft, or it could be the pinion on the motor that's slipping.

As Timewerx has suggested, since it's happening from new, you'd be best to return it and get them to fix it or refund you. Otherwise you might damage something, and then it would be your fault.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn