SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by markhonda
Get off your phone and FLY!!
United States, WI, Franklin
Joined Feb 2014
167 Posts
Today I installed a switchjack in my Neos and began fixing a poor prior repair to the tail boom. I have only flown it a few times since I bought it used a few weeks ago. But those flights were great compared to what I began with...an HK mini DLG.
markhonda is offline Find More Posts by markhonda
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by clintc
United States, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Dec 2000
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
I maidened my snipe, after all the frustrations of building it and I... I.... I love it.... so much so that it aggrivates me flying 3x200 seconds in dead air has never been so easy. It's also a good 55g lighter than anything I've owned in 3 years. I dislike it even more because of how expensive they are. And I'll probably get another one. Eventually
Welcome to the club
clintc is offline Find More Posts by clintc
Old Yesterday, 02:34 AM
Find More Posts by Cush
Gentleman, scholar and acrobat
United Kingdom, England, Poole
Joined Mar 2001
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgantz View Post
Maybe you can answer some questions I have about quick turns. I have never seen anyone do it in person and I can't tell from any videos I've seen what the complete process is. I'm assuming one makes the catch with the flaps still extended and raises the flaps during the wind-up for the next throw. Is that how it's done?
A bit late to the conversation but after my launch switch has brought the brakes up to launch setting and then into zoom, the brakes will only be available after the elevator stick has been given 10% down to put the plane into a normal flight mode and the brake stick has been brought up to the top.

No expert but if you are interested and not easily bored have a look at this. It might help newbies to work out what they need for a vanilla DLG setup.
Maat DLG Setup (9 min 58 sec)
Cush is offline Find More Posts by Cush
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by Cush
Joined Mar 2001
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
I just ordered a 1M Strike 2. I opted for the pink scheme just to egg on the guys at the field. I got the full carbon version. Can't wait to finally have a full carbon DLG, to go along with my Alulas and Libelle. I will post pics when it arrives.
How long did it take to get your Strike? - I've fancied one of these for a while and they appear to be a very impressive little aeroplane.

I assume you yo bought it direct from Monsieur Fred?
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by kgantz
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2015
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post

No expert but if you are interested and not easily bored have a look at this. It might help newbies to work out what they need for a vanilla DLG setup.
https://youtu.be/QXqQVizh594
Thanks for the video! I have all that stuff pretty much set up now, I just can't figure out how to make the launch button override the flap stick on my DX9. The guidance I followed when setting up my flight modes was to make the landing mode override all others (possibly for emergencies?). So far I've only had one "emergency" and it was precisely because I forgot to retract the flaps on launch! It looked like a Road Runner cartoon with the glider basically stopping in mid climb and hanging there.
kgantz is offline Find More Posts by kgantz
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by mikejr83
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgantz View Post
Thanks for the video! I have all that stuff pretty much set up now, I just can't figure out how to make the launch button override the flap stick on my DX9. The guidance I followed when setting up my flight modes was to make the landing mode override all others (possibly for emergencies?). So far I've only had one "emergency" and it was precisely because I forgot to retract the flaps on launch! It looked like a Road Runner cartoon with the glider basically stopping in mid climb and hanging there.
Follow this thread. I use Sherman's programming for my ALES plane and its awesome. Super glad he's now working on something for DLGs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2450848
mikejr83 is offline Find More Posts by mikejr83
Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
2,343 Posts
Strike,
I emailed Fred and within 8 hours, he replied. He shipped my plane out the next day. It has only been four days since, so I do not have it yet. I have a tracking #, but it does not yet give an arrival date. He accepts PayPal, but charged me the service fee. I am pleased with his service so far.
The above video is very helpful to me too.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by Cush
Joined Mar 2001
831 Posts
NCRealEstateGuy,

Thanks - that's reassuring - I'm looking in my piggy bank now
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by kgantz
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2015
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr83 View Post
Follow this thread. I use Sherman's programming for my ALES plane and its awesome. Super glad he's now working on something for DLGs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2450848
Yep, already following it. In fact I used Sherman's old file to get set up originally. Sounds like the sequencer may be the way to go, but I haven't found my current setup enough of a pain yet to really work on it. I'd rather just fly while the weather is good!
kgantz is offline Find More Posts by kgantz