HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2015, 09:59 AM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,273 Posts
They were all there. At first I was looking for Ail 1, after that I forgot to recheck pin 1 when looking where output was. Throttle was missed because I had throttle cut on by habit, even though I was only running servo stuff (ESC not connected to power).

I also had an issue I had not seen before which was due to Jeti sending some lower and higher pulse values than expected which cause my JR 8711's to go to neutral as I was maximizing throws.

I'm not sure what is going on with the channel mapping, perhaps there is some standard when Jeti outputs UDI, or Jeti is just doing something odd. I ended up doing some remapping in the X10 so that what Jeti shows on channels 1-6 matches the X10 pins 1-6.

I've got 12 flights so far and setup is working great.
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:24 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbishw92 View Post
placed an order the other day and didn't receive conformation from pay-pal order id is 13242 it show waiting on customer wanted to make sure it went throw tried link on web site to contact customer service but it didn't work is there another way to check ?
If you ordered a "Repair" or "Firmware Upgrade", we hold the order until the item(s) come in and then ship back everything together.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:26 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
The X10+ maps output ports 1-10 using the channel ordering in the data stream input. So, what you are seeing the how the JETI receiver outputs its X-BUS MODE B protocol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 02:59 PM
United States, IL, Donovan
Joined Dec 2013
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
If you ordered a "Repair" or "Firmware Upgrade", we hold the order until the item(s) come in and then ship back everything together.
thanks Jim I'll mail it tomorrow
dbishw92 is offline Find More Posts by dbishw92
Old Feb 23, 2015, 09:39 PM
that's how i roll!!
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Feb 2008
350 Posts
I just ordered two x10+ and the serial link at midnight and they shipped out at 9:00AM today. That's faster than jimmy john's!

I will be running two frsky x8r's and two x10+. Rx1 will be in the turtle deck right behind the canopy and rx2 will be on the tray in the middle of the fuse. x10 #1 will be connected to the right elevator, left aileron servos, and throttle. X10 #2 will be connected to the left elevator, right aileron servos, and rudder. Rx #1&2 sbus outputs will go into each x10 (primary and redundant). This should provide the ultimate in redundancy assuming both x8r's play nicely (you do have to disable telemetry on one rx i think).

Otherwise i will run one X8r and 2 X10+ (dual batteries also).
parkfly27 is offline Find More Posts by parkfly27
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2007
51 Posts
That is exactly what I would like to do . Please keep us posted.
thaus is online now Find More Posts by thaus
Old Feb 24, 2015, 02:30 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
You would be way better off running a single X10+ with dual batteries, and dual receivers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:06 PM
that's how i roll!!
Joined Feb 2008
350 Posts
is there any concern using a y-cable to split the sbus from one Rx to two X10+? Should i cut the positive wire from one of the x10+ so they are not both trying to drive the receiver? then of course i wouldn't have battery redundancy to the Rx....

a single x10+ with dual batteries is just putting them in parallel. If one pack has an internal short, it will drain the good pack and possibly cause the bad pack to explode. However if one looses a tab, i think this would open the circuit to the bad pack and the good one would take over. A loose / weak tab is probably more likely to occur than a random internal short, so i think 2 packs in parallel is still a benefit.
Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:28 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
You don't want to use two X10+ boards. Just like you don't want to use Nicd or Nimh packs. Lipo, Lion, and. LiFe packs do not short circuit. Because of their high current capabilities they go open circuit when there is a cell failure. No extra hardware needed, just plug them in.

Using criss-cross controls by having dual X10+ boards (or dual receivers by themselves) really doesn't work well. The likelyhood of signal loss is far greater than a failure of what is controlling the servos. If you have a signal loss and one receiver holds last position and the other works, the criss-cross controls creates a coupling issue and if you are at a low altitude and far away (which is where 2.4GHz systems are their most vulnerable), you will not have time to react and your plane will go in the ground. I spent quite a bit of time testing various configurations before creating the X10+. Trust me, you are way better off using a single X10+ board with a single receiver than using dual X10+ boards, each with their own receiver. The best solution would be a single X10+ board with dual receivers. In all cases you want to run dual batteries in parallel.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 02:36 AM
that's how i roll!!
Joined Feb 2008
350 Posts
Thanks for the advice Jim, your logic makes perfect sense. actually i was planning on both boards having primary and redundant receiver connection (see block diagram). So even if one rx was shadowed, the second rx would be feeding a signal into the redundant port of both x10's.

So the only failure modes would be both rx's losing signal (unlikely) or one x10+ failing (probably even more unlikely). The real question is... if one x10 failed and you have two, are you any better off? probably not, but at least one half of the airplane is still under your control. With 2.4 ghz it is quite common to have single points of failure in today's large scale airplanes.

I think we need to do a full FMEA on the x10+
Seriously though, i'm sure Jim has already considered all possible scenarios. I was just going by what the maual say: "If you were using dual X10+'s in your aircraft, you could setup the channel mapping to have all 16 channels available between the two X10+'s."
Old Feb 25, 2015, 07:03 AM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
4,800 Posts
I think the point Jim is making is don't feed extra X10s with separate rx. Expanding the channel capabilities by adding an extra X10 is fine but only the primary X10 board should have a rx or dual rx's connected.
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:42 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
The idea behind using more than one X10+ board is to expand the total number of servo outputs that are available, not for splitting up your controls (criss-cross).

You can use dual X10+ boards, and share a single receiver. You can also share two receivers for each X10+ board. Just make sure that if you are powering both X10+ boards individually (each has their own power source)) you power the receivers from just one of the X10+ boards.

Some people use dual batteries for each X10+ board, and then connect the dual batteries together as well.. so, it's effectively having 4 batteries in parallel, with 2 sets connected directly to each X10+ and a cable tieing the power/grounds of both X10+ boards together. If you can share the power source like this, then you can power the receivers directly without isolating power.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM.