HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,151 Posts
That's ok. We need one for testing, but thanks!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlite View Post
Is there any way that I can disable my 14SG from transmitting on one model? I am running DragonLink for control and the 2.4 transmitting drains the battery. I found that with the throttle cut engaged the 14SG will ask whether or not to transmit. Is there any way to disable it completely?
I'm not sure that it can be disabled by model but what you can do is use the trainer port where your dragon-link is plugged in to turn on the transmitter. This is simply accomplished by providing a logic high signal to the Vswitch / Vin pin on the trainer port. There is a diagram of this here:

http://cankov.com/modelairplane/futaba/t8fgs-dm8002.jpg

Hope this helps.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,361 Posts
Quote:
Is there any way that I can disable my 14SG from transmitting on one model? I am running DragonLink for control and the 2.4 transmitting drains the battery. I found that with the throttle cut engaged the 14SG will ask whether or not to transmit. Is there any way to disable it completely?
You can also hold the RTN button when switching on the transmitter. This will give you a menu of Range Check, RF Off, and RF On. The last model used will be active and shown in bottom right of the screen. I'm not aware of any means to permanently disable transmit by model.
Arcturus97 is offline Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
I'm not sure that it can be disabled by model but what you can do is use the trainer port where your dragon-link is plugged in to turn on the transmitter. This is simply accomplished by providing a logic high signal to the Vswitch / Vin pin on the trainer port. There is a diagram of this here:

Hope this helps.

- Birger
Please note that Vin is actual power to the encoder not just logic high signal. The current draw is relatively low (100-200mAh) but definitely higher than a logic signal can provide (1-5mA).

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
X-Hover Team Pilot
United States, HI, Maui County
Joined Mar 2013
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post

Hope this helps.

- Birger
Thanks Birger. I might give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus97 View Post
You can also hold the RTN button when switching on the transmitter. This will give you a menu of Range Check, RF Off, and RF On. The last model used will be active and shown in bottom right of the screen. I'm not aware of any means to permanently disable transmit by model.
Thank you Arcturus. I used to do that but you have to repeat it every time you restart the radio.
HiFlite is offline Find More Posts by HiFlite
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
S.A.D. member
Joined Dec 2004
9,826 Posts
For my BNFs which I fly with an external RF module I put the throttle stick in the middle before turning the power on or selecting a new model. Very easy to do. And even if I forget to do it and the internal RF is running it won't hurt anything other than using a little extra power.

Ivan
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
X-Hover Team Pilot
United States, HI, Maui County
Joined Mar 2013
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
For my BNFs which I fly with an external RF module I put the throttle stick in the middle before turning the power on or selecting a new model. Very easy to do. And even if I forget to do it and the internal RF is running it won't hurt anything other than using a little extra power.

Ivan
Thanks Ivan. I fly FPV with 2.3 GHz video so if I don't turn off the 2.4 on the radio there will be some interference. That sounds like it might be the easiest way to disable the 2.4 from transmitting.
HiFlite is offline Find More Posts by HiFlite
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
S.A.D. member
Joined Dec 2004
9,826 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Ivan. I fly FPV with 2.3 GHz video so if I don't turn off the 2.4 on the radio there will be some interference. That sounds like it might be the easiest way to disable the 2.4 from transmitting.
Just make sure throttle position warning is enabled which it is by default but you may have disabled it.

Ivan
RCG Plus Member